Date: Oct 28, 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Make a Difference Day is recognized as a national day to volunteer within your local community. The Army Volunteer Corps welcomes all volunteers to spend Saturday, October 28th to help make Fort Carson a more beautiful space.
This year's projects consist of:
- Iron Horse Park / Sports Complexes & Dog Park
A makeover and overall beautification of Fort Carson’s Iron Horse Park. This includes general cleaning, raking and maintenance of the grounds of the park, Sports Complex, and Dog Park.
- Fort Carson Storm Water Drains
General cleaning and maintenance of storm water drains to include clearing of debris and stenciling water drainage.
- Fort Carson Military Housing
General cleaning and maintenance of the Fort Carson Military Housing Community. This includes a makeover and beautification of picnic areas, playgrounds, and common areas--as well as painting/repairing fences and landscape maintenance.
Additional information to make your day of volunteering a success:
- Bring your own rake and wire cutters.
- Supplies & some tools will be provided.
- Work boots/sturdy shoes and work gloves are required.
- Children with Parent/Guardian monitoring them
- Volunteers will meet at the Fort Carson Iron Horse Park at 7:30 a.m.
Continental Breakfast and Lunch will be served.
Liability Waiver and Photo Release must be read prior to registration.