Fort Carson Color Fest: April 13, 2019
- Run registration does not include All-Access Activity Wristband. Runners who wish to participate in the activities listed below must purchase the $5 wristband in addition.
- Softball Tournament registration does not include All-Access Activity Wristband. Players who wish to participate in the activities listed below must purchase the $5 wristband in addition.
- Free activities at creative arts tent: handouts, arts displays exhibiting service members’ masks and music, as well as interactive art and music experiences.
- Free easter bunny photos.
- No childcare available onsite. Minors must be accompanied by adult (age 18+) parent/guardian at all times.
- Parents/guardians accompanying kids ages 3 and under must purchase a wristband.
- All individuals must complete a waiver to participate in any activities (paid wristbands for ages 4+ AND free wristbands for 3 and under)
- 10:30 a.m.: Color Fest Fun Run
- Run registration does not include All-Access Activity Wristband. Runners who wish to participate in the activities listed below must purchase the wristband in addition.
- Fun run starts at 10:30 a.m.
- Fun run is approximately 3 miles
- $10/person (ages 4+) Early Bird online registration opens March 01, 2019 and closes at 12 p.m. on April 11, 2019.
- Same day/race day registration is 10 a.m.-10:30 am $20/person ages 4+
- T-shirt and sticker included with paid registration only (while supplies last)
- Little Kid run registration is FREE! (no t-shirt included), limit 4 per transaction. Please choose option from the 'Additional Items' menu.
- No pets allowed
- The race route is on asphalt and dirt terrain.
- Strollers are allowed.
- Please observe fun run courtesy. Runners to the left, walkers/strollers to the right.
- No minimum age. Individual waivers are required for participation. All minors ages 13-17 years must have a parent signature. All minors 12 years and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
- Waiver required for participation
Shirt (ADULT SIZES ONLY):
Sticker (w/ paid registration):
Fun Run FAQ's
Is the run hard?
No, that’s no fun! This is a fun run with lots of color, and lots of fun, not racing! This run is the best way to be crazy with friends, and family. You won’t be timed, so there is no pressure to hurry and get ‘er done. There will be multiple stations along the course for an extra fun bonus. Stations could include, but not limited to: color powder, foam, obstacles, and water. Please dress appropriately.
Can I Walk?
Yes! You will be one of many who will be walking. We don't time the race and it is non-competitive, so you won't feel any pressure.
What time does the run begin?
Pre-run activities (bounce house, paintball, Easter Bunny Photos, creative arts festival, climbing wall, food and beverage) will start at 10:00 AM. The run will begin at 10:30AM. We recommend getting there at 10:00 AM so you have plenty of time to park and warm up!
Are kids allowed?
Yes! All kids must be registered in order to participate. Children under 3 years old are free. We do recommend that your kids are properly protected with sunglasses, and for toddlers and infants, something to cover their mouth.
Can I run with my dog?
No. Dogs, cats, llamas and other pets are not allowed at The Carson Color Fest.
How do I volunteer?
We'd love to have you come and help as a volunteer. Volunteers typically throw color on the participants, and/or help with registration, and clean up. Please contact Lorraine Thorson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-526-5772, if you would like to volunteer.
What is the color made of?
The color powder we use is custom manufactured and produced right here in the United States. It is made from food grade quality cornstarch. It is non-toxic, is 100% safe, and also biodegradable. As with any substance, you will want to keep it out of your eyes and lungs. If you are overly sensitive, you may want to wear glasses or goggles for your eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for your mouth.
What should I wear? Will the color stain my clothes, shoes, or makeup?
You can wear whatever you want but we suggest white clothing because it shows up the color the best! The color does mostly wash out after the event, but some of it can stain. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn't mind getting the color on.
Will the color get in my car?
Bring a towel or some plastic bags along, and you’ll be just fine. However, if you do get some in your vehicle, it can be dusted away or vacuumed easily.
Contact the Race Coordinator
- 11:30 a.m.: Outdoor Egg Hunt
This activity is included with purchase of $5 All-Access Activity Wristband.
- Will start promptly at 11:30 a.m.
- Over 10,000 candy filled eggs
- Outdoors- rain or shine
- all children welcome
- located on the soccer field behind Iron Horse Physical Fitness Center
- Free for ages 3 and under (still need to have waiver signed, will include free event wristband)
- 12 p.m.-2 p.m.: Egg Splash
This activity is included with purchase of $5 All-Access Activity Wristband.
Come hunt for easter eggs at Iron Horse Pool!
Goodie bags for kids available while supplies last
Maximum capacity of 225 people at a time allowed in Iron Horse Indoor pools (Maximum of 50 in family pool, 175 in main/lap pool)
Contact the Aquatics Manager
- 12 p.m.-2 p.m.: Single Elimination Softball Tournament
Softball Tournament registration does not include All-Access Activity Wristband. Players who wish to participate in the activities listed below must purchase the wristband in addition.
Tournament occurs in the Mountain Post Sports Complex (Southeast of Iron Horse gym, on Victory Loop)
*$20/team, online registration, in-person at the gyms, or same-day registration
Unlimited team members, ages 18+ only
- One Pitch Softball (USSSA rules will be used)
- Games will be officiated
The winning team receives a trophy
Contact the Tournament Organizer
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Professional Easter Bunny Photos
Photo booth located in the field immediately east of Iron Horse gym
Limit of 3 professional shots per family
Professional photos require post-processing time and are provided free of charge upon completion of a survey. Survey is posted on website, announced via e-mail and posted on social media with a link to the survey within 10 business days.
- Beer for Sale
- $5 Each (Per Cup)
Must be ages 21+ to purchase, 100% ID check in effect
Promo: $4 refills if you bring your MWR mason jar cup
Serving Coors Original, Coors Light, Blue Moon, Angry Orchard
- No pets or companion animals allowed.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to the B.O.S.S. booth (by the main stage) and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s)
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
- No coolers or tents allowed in the festival area. Coolers and tents are allowed in designated picnic areas only.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in the festival area.
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The area around the festival venue will become congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
- Event goes on regardless of weather. Those attending the event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued.
- Notice to the General Public
No refunds issued due to late arrival or if access to Fort Carson is denied.
Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- Terms and Conditions
All information contained on carson.armymwr.com is subject to change.
No refunds are issued.
No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
The sponsors of the DFMWR Carson Color Fest and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance.
*Advertised price does not include applicable eventbrite/registration fees
- Contact the Event Organizer
Contact the Event Organizer
10 a.m.-2 p.m. at Iron Horse Gym
All information is subject to change.
Join the Fort Carson community for a colorful celebration of Spring! This event is open to DOD eligible patrons and their guests, all ages welcome.
10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Activities (details in drop-down menus below)
All-Access Activity Wristband:
*$5/person ages 4+, available for purchase online and at the MWR Sales Tent during the festival. Includes access to: Egg Splash at Iron Horse Pool (see below), outdoor egg hunt at Iron Horse gym east athletic field, dunk tank, paintball, climbing wall, bounce houses, petting zoo, and more. Run registration/softball tournament registration are additional purchases.