Fort Carson Freedom Fest
- About Freedom Fest
CELEBRATE THE AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE WITH FORT CARSON!
THE U.S. ARMY KNOWS HOW TO THROW A PARTY. WE'RE LOOKING FORWARD TO FREEDOM FEST 2019!
All MWR Events, Programs, Prices, and Details highlighted on the Fort Carson MWR website, Facebook, and all media are subject to change without notice. That said, we do our very best to provide our Fort Carson Soldiers, Families, Retirees, and Civilians with the most up-to-date information as we receive it. Thank you for your understanding.
- Become A Sponsor Or Advertiser
Fort Carson MWR welcomes the opportunity to partner with local businesses for event advertising or event sponsorship. Sponsorship dollars have an immediate impact on Fort Carson MWR events nad programs, helping to create and sustain excellence in service and launch new initiatives to respond to emerging needs. Connect with an audience of thousands and spread awareness about your brand through multiple traditional advertising options, digital and internet advertising, brand presence on promotional material, as well as public recognition at community gatherings.
Explore opportunities and get involved with the Soldiers and Families of Fort Carson. Located in scenic Colorado Springs, Fort Carson is home to the 3rd BCT, 43rd ASG, 3rd ACR, 5th Armored Brigade, 13th Air Support Operations Squadron, and the 10th Special Forces Group. Fort Carson Sponsors and Advertisers benefit from becoming a household name and a valued partner of the community. Our active event calendar gives you a wide range of advertising, marketing and service opportunities within Fort Carson’s thriving community.
Interested? Drop us a line:
- Vendors and Concessionaires
- Freedom Fest FAQ's
All information contained is subject to change.
- Non-DOD ID cardholders are welcome to attend the event. They will need to enter through Gates 1 and 20 on Friday and Sunday. No need to stop by the visitor’s center. However, if they wish to attend on Saturday, they will need a gate pass from the visitor’s center.
- All personnel entering Fort Carson must be in possession of a valid state or federally issued photo ID from a REAL ID Act compliant state. Current states not in compliance are: Alaska, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia & Washington. (Update to the REAL ID Act effective June 1, 2017)
If using an ID from a state or territory that is not REAL ID Act compliant, then an approved secondary form of ID is required. More information on the REAL ID Act can be found at https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed at Freedom Fest.
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to the B.O.S.S. booth (by the main stage) and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s)
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV’s are not allowed.
- No coolers or tents allowed in the festival area. Coolers and tents are allowed in designated picnic areas only.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in the festival area.
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
Pets/Companion Animals vs. Service Animals
- No pets or companion animals allowed.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The area around the festival venue will become congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
- Event goes on regardless of weather. Those attending the event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an “all clear” announcement is issued.
- Terms and Conditions
- All information contained on the Fort Carson MWR website is subject to change.
- No refunds are issued.
- No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
- Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
- Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
- The sponsors of the DFMWR Fort Carson Freedom Fest and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives, and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guests in attendance.
All information is subject to change.
June 28-29, 2019 at Iron Horse Park