Visit Commissaries.com for more great recipes.
- Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) Vision Statement
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) is a community approach to living a life of balance. It's a journey. We help you get there.
Work. Play. Thrive.
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) helps soldiers enhance Mind, Body and Community.
Soldiers, families and civilians are able to make strong mental and emotional decisions that result in positive life experiences.
Soldiers, families and civilians are physically fit and have improved wellbeing.
Enhance the sense of community through increasing programs and resources that support living a healthy life with purpose.
- What is Mountain Post Living?
What is Mountain Post Living?
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) is a concept that helps Soldiers and families know what is happening on Fort Carson.
How can you participate?
Follow Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) on social media. Mountain Post Living maintains a strong presence on the following social media sites:
Go to the banner (below) titled "Connect with Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) on social media" to see where else you can interact with Mountain Post Living online.
- Fort Carson Spiritual Resources
Check out Mountain Post Shepherd (@MountainPostShepherd on Instagram) with the Fort Carson and 4ID Religious Office.
Religious and/or Spiritual Resources:
- 4ID and Fort Carson Religious Support Facebook page
- Mountain Post Shepherd Facebook page
- Mountain Post Shepherd Instagram account
U.S. Army Chaplain Corps Resources:
Additional Resources Organized by Faith Group(s):
- Click here to see more spiritual resources as organized by faith group(s).
- Mindset (Ready & Resilient) Resources
Fort Carson Ready and Reslient Resources:
Fort Carson Ready & Resilient Contact Information:
Address: 1891 Prussman Blvd, Bldg 1843 (6.52 mi)
Fort Carson, Colorado 80913
- Physical Fitness & Nutrition Resources
Connect with Fort Carson's Army Wellness Center for physical fitness and nutrition resources.
Fort Carson Army Wellness Center Contact Information:
Address: Bldg 1843, 1891 Prussman Blvd, Fort Carson, CO 80913
Phone: (719) 526-3887
- Special Events & Programs!
- 2021 Events Calendar
Visit Carson.army.mil/calendar for an extensive list of Fort Carson Mountain Post Living events.
Upcoming Major 2021 Events
- Fort Carson Color Fest
This event is currently scheduled for May 22, 2020, 10am - 2 pm.
- Freedom Fest
This event is tentatively scheduled for July 2, 2021 5 - 10 pm.
Every Thursday 10:30 - 11:00 am: Story Time at Grant Library
*Links to information for select upcoming 2021 MWR and Mountain Post Living events will be added once available.
* All event information is subject to change, or cancellation by Fort Carson MWR.
***These events are shared for the awareness of the community. Fort Carson does not endorse the hosting organizations.
Help us spread the word about these awesome events!
Visit each event below for information about downloading printable items and images to share on social/digital channels.
- Fort Carson Color Fest
- How Can You Connect with Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) Online?
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) maintains a presence on the following platforms:
Connect on Instagram via @MountainPostLiving and hashtag
Visit our blog at
Connect on Twitter using @MtnPostLiving and hashtag
Check out Fort Carson Mountain Post Living on
Find Mountain Post Living on Reddit.
Subrcribe to the Mountain Post Living
Connect using Mountain Post Living (mtnpostliving) on Snapchat.
Sign up for our mailing list to stay engaged and receive special offers (e.g., promotional giveaways).
- Click here to sign-up for the Mountain Post Living email newsletter!
Click on the link(s) below to see past e-mail Mountain Post Living newsletters:
- Are you a Single Soldier? Check out Fort Carson BOSS Resources
The Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS) program represents the voice of the single Soldier. If you're a single Soldier, the BOSS triad advocates for you by advancing quality of life issues on the installation, remove comma and in the barracks, remove comma to senior leaders on post and throughout the Army. "Let Your Voice Be Heard"
- Recipe of the Week
Click here to see the previously featured Recipe(s) of the Week!
Quinoa Protein Bowl
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 4 oz. green chilies
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 15 oz. can of low-sodium whole corn, drained
- 1 15-16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced very thin
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a medium-sized pan. Let it boil for one minute while stirring constantly. Turn the heat to low, cover and let the quinoa continue to cook until the water is absorbed – for about 12-15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing by draining the green chili juice into a large mixing bowl. Cut up the green chilies and add them to the mixing bowl along with the olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and salt. Whisk the dressing together.
- In a large bowl, add the beans, onions, tomatoes, corn and toss gently. Add the dressing and stir gently to combine.
- Once the quinoa has cooled (warm to touch, not hot), gently mix it and the chopped cilantro into the large bowl with the beans and corn.
- There is no need to add chicken or meat because the quinoa and beans provide a good amount of protein and have fiber to help you feel satisfied. But if you want more bulk, add some of your favorite low calorie, fresh vegetables like broccoli, cucumbers, and/or radishes.
- Make a double batch of quinoa and use half of it in another dish later in the week.
Tell us if you like this week's Recipe of the Week! Share your experiences on Facebook, or Instagram (use hashtag #MountainPostLiving).
This recipe was last updated 16 April 2021 at 1041 (10:41 AM) and is updated approximately every two weeks.
- #MountainPostLiving Videos
Visit the #MountainPostLiving YouTube and Vimeo pages to see more of our great videos.
Watch #MoutainPostLiving video by linking to your preferred channel below:
- Looking for What Things to Do around Fort Carson?
Are you a married, or single Soldier looking for things to do? If so, visit the #MountainPostLiving local attractions website page for ideas of "things to do" around Fort Carson and the Colorado Springs greater area(s).
- Fort Carson ACS (Army Community Service) Resources
- Check out the Fort Carson Mountain Post Living APP!
Check out the new Fort Carson Mountain Post Living App!
- It is available for FREE download on both Android and Apple devices.
- See our digital flyer for more details.
- Fort Carson PCS Information
Mountain Post Living PCS Resources:
Mountain Post Living PCS & In-Processing Information web page.
Fort Carson ACS Resources:
- Own Your Limits
If you or someone you know is in crisis:
- Contact the Military Crisis Line
- Call 911: 1-800-273-8255, press 1
- Text 838255
Visit Own Your Limits.org for more information!
- Click on a row to see available files for each event.
- Right click on each link and choose 'Save As' for PC, 'Save Link As' for Mac
- Save to your chosen destination.
- About Commercial Printing
You may choose any commercial printer that fits your needs. You may choose to compare prices between local commercial printers such as Documart, FastSigns, FedEx Print and Ship Center, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot. You may also choose to compare the services of online commercial printers such as Vistaprint or Signs.com. Doing research on Google is recommended.
Commercial printers require vector files to produce items such as banners and posters. All vector files below are set up as full bleed, which means that the color and art goes all the way to edge.
If you are displaying a banner outdoors, it is recommended that you place your banner order with a request for grommets and wind slits. String/rope/cord does not hold up to the varying Colorado weather conditions. It is recommended to install banners with baling wire or metal quicklinks/screwlocks, which can be purchased from retailers such as Lowes or Home Depot.
- Mountain Post Living Logo