Mountain Post Living Community Events
- Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) Vision Statement
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) is a community approach to living a life of balance. It's a journey. We help you get there.
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) helps soldiers enhance Mind, Body and Community.
Soldiers, families and civilians are able to make strong mental and emotional decisions that result in positive life experiences.
Soldiers, families and civilians are physically fit and have improved wellbeing.
Enhance the sense of community through increasing programs and resources that support living a healthy life with purpose.
- What is Mountain Post Living?
What is Mountain Post Living?
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) is a concept that helps Soldiers and families know what is happening on Fort Carson.
How can you participate?
Follow Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) on social media. Mountain Post Living maintains a strong presence on the following social media sites:
Go to the banner (below) titled "Connect with Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) on social media" to see where else you can interact with Mountain Post Living online.
- Special Events & Programs!
- 2020 Events Calendar
April 4, 2020: Carson Color Fest
June 27, 2020: Freedom Fest
***These events are shared for the awareness of the community. Fort Carson does not endorse the hosting organizations.
Help us spread the word about these awesome events!
Visit each event below for information about downloading printable items and images to share on social/digital channels.
- Connect with Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) on Social Media
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) maintains a presence on the following platforms:
Connect on Instagram via @MountainPostLiving and hashtag
Visit our blog at
Connect on Twitter using @MtnPostLiving and hashtag
Sign up for our mailing list to stay engaged and receive special offers (e.g., promotional giveaways).
- Click here to sign-up!
- Recipe of the Week
Click here to see the previously featured Recipe(s) of the Week!
Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Topping
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- ¼ cup ground mushrooms
- 12-14 oz. frozen peas and carrots
- 1 medium cauliflower cut into florets
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup evaporated skim milk
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Pinch each of salt and pepper
Directions (Preheat oven to 350 degrees F)
- In a large frying pan, bring the olive oil to temperature over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cooking until they are soft (for about 2 minutes), stirring frequently to prevent the garlic from burning.
- Add the ground beef and mushrooms to the pan while stirring frequently to break the beef into small pieces. Cook until the beef is brown. Drain excess fat and discard. Add a pinch of salt and pepper (optional)
- Bring 3-4 cups of water to boil in a large sauce pan. Add the cauliflower florets, turn heat down to medium high, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender (about 7-8 minutes). Turn the burner off. Gently drain by power the cauliflower into a colander. Add back to pan and allow the steam to escape and excess water to dry tossing gently. Add the butter, shredded cheese (optional) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Begin mashing with a fork. Once the cheese and butter have melted, add the evaporated milk and pinch of salt and pepper (optional). Whip the mixture with a hand held whisk or fork to incorporate the milk.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, microwave a bag of frozen peas and carrots according to the package directions.
- Place the ground beef mixture in the bottom of a 13x9x2 baking dish, mix in the peas and carrots. Top with the mashed cauliflower.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the topping is browned.
- For those that want to lower the carbohydrate level, consider switching the peas and carrots to a lower carb vegetable like broccoli or green beans.
Tell us if you like this week's Recipe of the Week! Share your experiences on Facebook, or Instagram (use hashtag #mountainpostliving).
- #MountainPostLiving Videos
Visit the #MountainPostLiving YouTube and Vimeo pages to see more of our great videos.
Watch #MoutainPostLiving video by linking to your preferred channel below:
- Looking for Things to Do around Fort Carson? Mountain Post Living
Are you a married, or single Soldier looking for things to do? If so, visit the #MountainPostLiving local attractions website page for ideas of "things to do" around Fort Carson and the Colorado Springs greater area(s).
- Click on a row to see available files for each event.
- Right click on each link and choose 'Save As' for PC, 'Save Link As' for Mac
- Save to your chosen destination.
- About Commercial Printing
You may choose any commercial printer that fits your needs. You may choose to compare prices between local commercial printers such as Documart, FastSigns, FedEx Print and Ship Center, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot. You may also choose to compare the services of online commercial printers such as Vistaprint or Signs.com. Doing research on Google is recommended.
Commercial printers require vector files to produce items such as banners and posters. All vector files below are set up as full bleed, which means that the color and art goes all the way to edge.
If you are displaying a banner outdoors, it is recommended that you place your banner order with a request for grommets and wind slits. String/rope/cord does not hold up to the varying Colorado weather conditions. It is recommended to install banners with baling wire or metal quicklinks/screwlocks, which can be purchased from retailers such as Lowes or Home Depot.
- Mountain Post Living Logo
- Mountain Post Welcome Meet & Greet
All brand resources for Mountain Post Living tent pole events are available in the menus below.
DESKTOP DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS