- Fort Carson ACS (Army Community Services) has its own list of 12 Colorado Springs locations to see Bucket List (aka "Baker's Dozen") for Newcomer's to check out.
- Visit the Fort Carson ACS webpage for more information.
- Do You Like to Hike? Check out the Break-Trail blog
for great hiking Colorado information and
- Do You Like to Hike? Check out the Break-Trail blog
- Hunting and Fishing
- Fort Carson Leisure and Travel
- The Fort Carson Leisure and Travel office is located inside 'The Hub' at BLDG 1532, 6371 Specker Ave, Fort Carson, CO 80913. You can call the Fort Carson Leisure and Travel at (719) 526-5366.
- Learn more about the Fort Carson Leisure and Travel services by visiting the Fort Carson MWR (Morale, Welfare & Recreation) Leisure and Travel website, or Facebook page.
- MWR Outdoor Recreation
- Do you want to hike, raft, ski or enjoy one of the many outdoor activities that living in Colorado offers? Check out Fort Carson's MWR Outdoor Recreation.
- Fort Carson MWR Outdoor Recreation is located at 7093 Specker Ave, Fort Carson, CO 80913. Call Fort Carson MWR Outdoor Recreation at (719) 526-1993.
- Visit the Fort Carson MWR Outdoor Recreation website, or Facebook page for more information.
- Single Soldier(s) Resources:
Are you a Single Soldier stationed on Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Shriever Air Force Base, or the Air Force Academy? Are looking for what other things you can do?
- Kids and Family Friendly Resources:
- Are you a parent stationed on Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Shriever Air Force Base, or the Air Force Academy? Are looking for family friendly "things to do"? Check out some the following "free" local attractions we have found:
Fort Carson's Fun Things to Do page!
***COVID-19 UPDATE - Some "things to do" near Fort Carson options listed on this page may not be open and/or are not in compliance with either the state of Colorado and/or Fort Carson stay-at-home guidance.***
Do you want to see what fun things to do are near Fort Carson? You've come to the right place! Colorado Springs is home to Fort Carson, Peterson Air Force Base, Shriever Air Force Base, the Air Force Academy and North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). Fort Carson Soldiers (and other military members), their families and Colorado Springs residents and visitors can get a feel of the military presence by touring the bases and visiting one of the city’s military museums. The Colorado Springs natural landscape is the region's biggest attraction.
There is no shortage of what things you can do while at Fort Carson and/or traveling the surrounding Colorado Springs community. Important sites to see include Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, the Fort Carson 4th Infantry Division (or 4ID) History Museum, and the United States Air Force Academy.
Are you interested in camping? Vist the Fort Carson MWR Outdoor Recreation Camping web page.
Do you want to learn more about Fort Carson MWR? Visit the Fort Carson MWR home page.
Are you looking for fun things to do at home? Go to the Fort Carson MWR Fun Things to Do at Home page.
Do you want to travel? Connect with Fort Carson MWR Leisure and Travel.
Do you like to hike? Check out the Break-Trail.com blog for hiking information.
What are some of the cool things to do near Colorado Springs and Fort Carson?
1. Garden of the Gods -
Garden of the Gods is a free park to visit within Colorado Springs. It's a natural landmark known for its magnificent red rock formations that look as though Gods themselves could've carved them.
2. Helen Hunt Falls -
Helen Hunt Falls is a another great free place to visit in
Colorado Springs. Helen Hunt falls is located about 15 minutes
away from Fort Carson, Colorado on Cheyenne Creek in the North
Cheyenne Cañon Park of Colorado Springs, Colorado.
3. Pikes Peak -
Pikes Peak (aka "America's Mountain") is the
highest summit of the southern Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, in North America. The ultra-prominent 14,115-foot mountain is located just west of downtown Colorado Springs, CO off of Highway 24 (U.S. Route 24).
4. Fort Carson 4th Infantry Division (4ID) Museum - The 4th Infantry Division (aka 4ID, or 4th ID) Museum is responsible for exhibiting and interpreting the history of the 4th Infantry Division and to support post education, training, research, and historical programs. The 4th Infantry Division Museum is located by Gate 1 on Fort Carson off of Colorado State Highway 115. Visit the 4th Infantry Division Museum website for more information.
5. Cheyenne Mountain State Park - Cheyenne Mountain State Park is located outside of Fort Carson off of Colorado State Highway 115. Cheyenne Mountain State Park offers biking, camping, hiking and other recreational activities. Go to the Cheyenne Mountain State Park website for more information.
6. The Manitou Incline - The Manitou Incline gains 2,000 feet in elevation from start to finish. The average grade for the trail is 45 percent and, in some places, it is as steep as 68 percent. Visit The Manitou Incline Wikipedia page for more information.
7. The Calhan Painted Mines - The Calhan Painted Mines are an
archeological site located on the Colorado eastern plains. The
area is made up of clay deposits that have seen extensive prehistoric habitation and quarrying of clay for pottery and bricks.
You can see what other attractions and things to do are around Fort Carson and Colorado Springs by visiting the Colorado Springs Visitor's Center webpage at Visitcos.com.
Disclaimer: Any " What Things to Do" listing(s) on this site do not constitute an endorsement by the Army, Department of Defense or the federal government.
Other Activities and "What Things to Do" Resources: