Make A Difference Day
REGISTRATION OPEN NOW! (Event is October 22, 2022)
(The date above reflects the registration window.)
EVENT IS OCTOBER 22, 2022 | 9AM - 12PM
Make A Difference Day (MADD) is an annual national volunteer day of service. On the 4th Saturday of October, millions of volunteers participate in community projects.
Active Duty Service Members receive a Certificate of Achievement at the end of the event, if they stay for the entire project time (0900-1200), and if they pre-register online.
All Family Members receive a Certificate of Appreciation at the end of the event if they pre-register online.
What to Do:
- Register for the 2022 Make A Difference Day (MADD) event *Search for the 'Make A Difference Day' position in VMIS and apply: https://vmis.armyfamilywebportal.com
- Select and indicate on the registration form which project site you for which you want to help--see below for project description
- Apply for the 'Make A Difference Day' in VMIS to track your service hours. For VMIS questions, call 719.526.1082 or 719.526.8303
Who can Participate:
- Active Duty Service Members (for a Certificate of Achievement for 4 hours of participation)
- Family Members
- Children 14 years and under are welcome with an attending parent(s)/guardian; parent(s)/guardian must monitor children at all times. Young people 15 years and older may register individually or as part of an organization or family group
Pick a Project and Make a Difference:
- DFMWR--Sports complex, Iron Horse Park, ACS Annex and Child and Youth Services facilities: There are several locations where you can help. These projects involve general cleaning, raking, and maintenance of the grounds for the facilities listed above. Participants should bring their own rakes, gas powered blowers and other lawn tools.
- Fort Carson Family Housing--16 Villages: General cleaning and maintenance of the FCFH community. Clean up includes picnic areas, playgrounds, common areas as well as painting/repairing fences and landscape maintenance. Specify which neighborhood or housing area you would like to help with when you register.
- Fort Carson Storm Water Drains: Involves removing trash and debris from Infantry Creek from Iron Horse Park to the culvert near Gate 2 and Comanche Village (~2 miles). Additional clean up focuses on drainage channels in along the west side of the installation facing CO-115, as time permits. Also, remove trash and debris from Clover Ditch along Barkeley Ave from Prussman Blvd to Specker Ave (~2.4km).
- Fountain-Fort Carson District 8 (on post schools): General clean up and maintenance of the on-post schools--to include the parks, playgrounds and common areas as well as painting and landscape maintenance if needed. Specify which on-post school you would like to help with when you register--Abrams, Patriot, Weikel, Mountain Side or Carson Middle School.
Trash bags and gloves will be available at each site. Water snacks will be available at the Iron Horse Pavilion and at site rally points--look for the canopies.
Army Volunteer Corps
Army Community Service - ACS Center
We've moved. Call 526-4590 to confirm location of service.