Army Emergency Relief (AER)
- AER Loan Applications
The following forms and worksheets are required to process your AER loan or grant request. Please see below. If you should require computer or printing support, you can access the computer lab at ACS Building 1526.
Please ensure you have a current copy of the most recent end of month Leave & Earnings Statement (LES), your Military ID Card, all supporting documentation pertaining to your financial emergency and a completed blank client budget worksheet.
- What Can AER Do?
Help with emergency financial needs such as:
- Food, rent or utilities
- Emergency travel
- Funeral expenses
- Immigration Fees
- Care Repair / Car Payment
Provide college scholarships to children, spouses, and surviving spouses of Soldiers.
- Scholarship Opportunities:
- Dependent Children Scholarship Program
- Spouse Scholarship Assistance Program
- Eligibility requirements and applications can be obtained at Army Emergency Relief.
- Who is Eligible?
- Active duty Soldiers, single or married, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers on continuous active duty for more than 30 days and their Family members (Title 10, USC).
- Soldiers retired from active duty for longevity or physical disability, and their Family members.
- Army National Guard and Army Reserve Soldiers who retired at age 60, and their Family members.
- Surviving spouses and children of Soldiers who died while on active duty or after they retired.
- Company Commanders & 1SG AER ToolKit
Forms for Leadership:
Financial Classes and Workshops
• Preparing a Budget
• Car Buying
• How to read an LES
• Living within your means
• Army Emergency Relief
• ACS Resources
Command Financial NCO Program
The CFNCO is a valuable resource to the unit commander in maintaining the financial readiness of his/her unit. The CFNCO program provides commanders a mechanism for education, training, counseling, and referral procedures that can be established in their units. The CFNCO Program is designed to promote financial education and awareness to ensure Soldiers and families are making wise financial choices. Through financial training Soldiers and families can become responsible money managers.
• Leadership has a Subject Matter Expert embedded within the Battalion.
• A resource within the Battalion that enables the Command to keep a abreast of Soldier’s needs.
• Financial educator within the BN
Please Contact ACS Financial Readiness / AER for more information. 719-526-0438
- Other Financial Tools
Army Community Service Financial Readiness offers many financial tools.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
For 77 years, Army Emergency Relief has been providing Soldiers and thier Family members with financial assistance in the form of grants, interest-free loans, and scholarships. The 2019 Annual AER campaign will run through May 15. Donations are tax deductible and can be made by contacting an AER unit project officer or online at https://www.aerhq.org.
TIME IS RUNNING OUT!
The 2019-2020 Academic Year Scholarship Application is available from January 4th until April 1st for Dependent Children
Please apply online at: https://www.aerhq.org/Apply-for-Scholarship
Army Emergency Relief (AER) is a private nonprofit organization incorporated in 1942 by the Secretary of War and the Army Chief of Staff. The mission of AER is to provide emergency financial assistance to Soldiers and their Families and Retirees.
* NEW CATEGORY * Child Car Seat GRANT
Buckling up is the single most effective thing you can do to protect yourself and your passengers in a crash. It is extremely important to make sure all children riding in your car be properly secured before every trip.
Need financial assistance purchasing a child car seat? Army Emergency Relief (AER) may be able to help.
What you need to apply:
Most recent end of month leave and earning statement
Print out showing cost of car seat. Limited to $250 as a grant.