Employment Readiness


Hours of Operation

Call for an appointment

Monday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Tuesday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
Federal Holidays Closed


6303 Wetzel Ave.
Bldg. 1526
Google Map

WiFi Available

Handicap Accessible

+1(719) 524-3816

Write an ICE comment

The Employment Readiness Program (ERP) offers resources to help with your career plan and job search. Whether you’re a military spouse or Family member who just moved to a new installation, Retiree, or DoD civilian looking for new opportunities, or active duty Military, active Reserve, National Guard member, or Wounded Warrior, we’re here to help.


Our services include:

  • Up-to-date information on local & national employment opportunities.
  • Education and certification resources
  • Classes on self-assessment, career exploration, civilian and federal resume writing, networking.
  • One on one resumé critiques
  • Career counseling and individual career assessments
  • Job fairs and other hiring events
  • Teen/youth employment information
  • Computer with internet access, résumé-writing software, and typing tutorials
  • Weekly posting of Hot Jobs

Contact ERP for an appointment or check out the Employment Readiness classes on the calendar.

New or PCSing Spouses Information

Military Spouse Career Coalition

Priority Placement

The Priority Placement Program is a process to assist Military Spouses to obtain Federal Civil Service positions. You may self-certify any time you apply for a federal position on usajobs.gov with:

*PCS orders

*Marriage license

*PPP Self-Certification Checklist

*Federal resume, and

*Transcripts (if applicable)

To exercise your spouse preference you must first create an account:

  • You need to create a login.gov account to sign into USAJOBS and access your profile information. Your old USAJOBS username and password won’t work anymore.

    You need to:

  • Create a login.gov account—you only need to do this once.

  • Enter an email address - use the same email address you use for USAJOBS (your primary or secondary email address), if you have an existing profile with us.

  • Create a new password.

  • Select your first method of authentication—having another way to sign in keeps your account more secure than using only a password. You can choose between text messages, phone calls, an authentication application, a security key, or backup codes. Government employees can also use their PIV card or CAC.

  • Select a backup method of authentication—you need to select a backup method, in case you don’t have access to your first choice (for example you don’t have access to your phone).

  • Once you create a login.gov account, you’ll come back to USAJOBS to link to your existing profile, or create a new profile if you don’t have one. You only need to create your account and link it once. Get step by step instructions on creating an account at login.gov.

    If you have limited access to a phone or cell service, you can set up an authentication app or use a free text messaging app.

  • Build or post a resume to the USAJOBS profile and upload essential documents, including a copy of your sponsor’s PCS orders and the Military Spouse PPP Self-Certification Checklist which must be included with each job application.
  • Apply to the job announcements for which interested and available.
  • Military Spouse Hiring Path

USAJOBS PPP Fact sheet


U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs-Multiple Locations- Multiple Positions

U.S. Small Business Administration-Multiple Positions

United States Department of Agriculture - Various Opportunities/Locations

Wildlife Program Manager - Ft Collins CO

Goodwill - Featured Jobs

Electronic Maintenance Tech. - RiverTech

Business Development Analyst-COS

Material Coordinator Lead-Ft Carson

Warehouse Specialist Haz.- Ft Carson

Freight Operations Supervisor-Ft Carson

UPS Store Opportunities - Fort Carson

CandleWoods Suites Ft Carson IHG

Regional Transportation District-Current Job Listings-Colorado

Financial Analyst- Colorado Springs CO

Bank Protection Security Officer Positions Available

Jacobs IRES is Hiring!

Quick Services LLC - Various Positions in Intelligence

CACI-Military Spouse Opportunities

CACI Program & Project Management


Control Specialist - Xcel Energy

Contracts Specialist for Leading Contractor- Colorado Springs

VetJobCentral - Denver Area

America's Job Exchange Hot Jobs!

American Job Exchange-Various positions- Colorado Springs

King Soopers Careers

Safeway Careers

Walmart is Hiring

Supply Chain Manager- Colorado Springs

Quality Assurance Auditor- Ft Carson

TEAM USA Career/Internship Opportunities

Military Academic Advisor-Pikes Peak Community College

Environmental Compliance Assessor- Ft Carson

Kira Services-USAF Academy-Various Positions

Computer Operator - Ft Carson CO

Blocker / Bracer for Transportation-Ft Carson CO

Service Representative- Fort Carson

Proposal Coordinator- Ft Carson

Account Manager-Ft Carson



Colorado State Patrol

City of Colorado Springs

El Paso County Careers

Childrens Hospital of Colorado



Magellan Health

Blackstone Talent Group (Engineering/cybersecurity)

Broadmoor Hotel

School District 49 Jobs

Wayfair Customer Service

Interim Healthcare

Colorado Springs School District 11 - Various Positions

Supply Tech Lead- Ft Carson

Office Administrator Opportunity with Altia INC.


Special Events Coordinator Position-Major League Baseball Players Alumni Association (MLBPAA)

Upcoming Job Fairs

Pikes Peak Workforce Center Virtual Spring Job Fair

Pikes Peak Workforce Center Hiring Events

PrepConnect 360 Job Seekers Workshop

DAV/RecruitMilitary Colorado Springs Virtual Event

Military and Veterans Employment Expo (Virtual) May 21st - MVEE Link

Hiring our Heroes Virtual Amplify Event (Professional Development)

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Office of Information and Technology (OIT) Virtual Job Fair

Troops to Teachers Licensing Virtual Seminar May 28th

AT&T Military Spouse Job Advisor Session

Google VetNet

Telework/Remote/Work from Home Opportunities


Contact Tracer-Remote


Freedom Learning Group- Remote

Sutherland Global

Pearl Interactive-Virtual Care Navigators

Lumen Inc. - Subject Matter Experts

Sedgwick -Service Center Associate

Virtual Admin Assistant

Concentrix Military Spouse Hiring Initiative

Home Front Alliance- Client Account Manager (Full-time, Part-time)

VirtForce-Military Friendly Employers

Virtforce Opportunities

AMAZON Remote Jobs

Colorado State Univ. Global - Remote Jobs

United Healthcare

Instant Teams

Inbound Marketing Advisor

Allstate- Customer Insurance Rep.

Staffing Agencies Serving the Colorado Springs Area

TAE Recruiting



Unemployment Information

Colorado Unemployment Information



Pikes Peak Workforce Center


HOT JOBS for Teens/Young Adults
HOT JOBS (out of state)

L1 Service Desk- Entry Level -UNISYS

Logistics Management Specialist (LMS), Salt Lake City, Utah

Wells Fargo - Field Service Representative – St. Augustine, FL

U.S. Secret Service Uniformed Division Officer

U.S. Secret Service Special Agent

Logistics Management Specialist - Salt Lake City, Utah

Military Spouse Corporate Career Network (MSCCN) Jobs


Résumé Assistance

Résumé Tips

A typical private-sector resume will be 1-2 pages in length. Chronological, functional, combination, and targeted are the names of the different types of résumés and are discussed below.  

Note: most employers prefer a (reverse) chronological order résumé; but each one of these types of résumés  may be used based on the situation and/or your experience.

For help with your résumé, please visit the Employment Readiness Program today!


Chronological: provides work experience in order of most recent job to your earliest. This is one of the most common and useful if you have a lot of work experience which is aligned with the occupation you are seeking. 

Functional: this type of resume highlights your skills and experience without focusing on dates. You can use this type of resume if you recently graduated, are transitioning, or have gaps in your work experience. 

Combination: highlight both your skills and work experience using the combination resume. Include your skills first followed by your work experience beginning with the most recent employer. 

Targeted: a targeted resume is used for situations where you are most qualified. It is a customized resume for a specific job posting where you match you skillset to the requirements listed in the job posting. This type of resume may be a bit more work, but may pay off in showing an employer just how qualified you are for their job. 


Federal Résumé Guidance

First and foremost, you can expect a federal resume to be longer than a private sector one. A typical private-sector resume will be 1-2 pages in length, but to include all the critical data essential for the federal application process you might find yourself needing 3-7 pages for your resume, depending on the length and breadth of your work experience.


Additional Résumé Resources

O*NET OnLine is an excellent source for keywords for federal, private-sector résumés.

Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO) - Resume Toolkit

OPM.gov is hosting trainings on resume writing. They have a few coming up on resumes, interviewing and navigating USAJobs.


Military Spouse Licensures in Colorado

Instructions for Spouse State Licensure and Certification Cost Reimbursement

License Recognition Resource guide

Licensure Recognition Personal Action Plan

Army Directive

COVID-19 Emergency Licensing Measures for Healthcare Professionals

Guidance for Licensing for Medical Professionals


Professional Licensing in Colorado

A number of professions require a license to practice in Colorado. The Division of Professions and Occupations (DPO) in the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) regulates most of these, with each profession overseen by a board or commission. Nurses, engineers, and cosmetologists are examples of professions regulated under DPO. However, other DORA divisions and other state departments regulate some professions, such as the Division of Real Estate, which licenses real estate brokers, and the Department of Education, which licenses teachers and other education-related professionals.

Military Spouse Licensure in Colorado under DORA

Temporary licensure. For most professions licensed under DORA, a military spouse who has been relocated to Colorado by military orders and has an active license in good standing from another state may practice under a temporary license for up to one year from the date he or she moved to Colorado.

By the end of this one-year period, the spouse must complete a military spouse exemption form and complete the appropriate application to receive a Colorado license. The temporary licensure provisions do not apply to some professions, including professional engineers and interns, professional land surveyors and interns, architects, optometrists, physicians, physician assistants, anesthesia assistants, and real estate professionals.1 House Bill 12-1059 created the temporary licensure program for military spouses.

Additional information. By the end of this one-year period, the spouse must complete a military spouse exemption form and complete the appropriate application to receive a Colorado license. The temporary licensure provisions do not apply to some professions, including professional engineers and interns, professional land surveyors and interns, architects, optometrists, physicians, physician assistants, anesthesia assistants, and real estate professionals.1 House Bill 12-1059 created the temporary licensure program for military spouses.

DORA has a military liaison who fields questions that veterans, members of the military, or military spouses may have regarding licensure requirements. The military liaison also coordinates DORA’s Veterans Occupational Credentialing and Licensing (VOCAL) Program. The VOCAL Program seeks to streamline rules and policies for veterans and members of the military across multiple program areas.

Please visit DORA’s webpage or call the Division of Professions and Occupations Military Liaison at 303-894-3013.



Additional Resource

The website below includes information on how occupational licenses can be transferred from one state to another, including an interactive map that shows military spouse license transfer options and related state laws. According to the map, Colorado allows for expedited licensing, endorsements, and temporary licensing for military spouses, along with several other states, including Alabama, Florida, Texas, and Virginia. However, according to a representative from DORA, neither state law or rules provide for expedited licensing or application processing for military spouses after the one-year exemption period, unless a military spouse has prior military experience, or is eligible under a compact or other licensing reciprocity mechanism. As another example, Kansas allows for expedited licenses and endorsements, but not temporary licenses. The website can be found through the following link: https://www.veterans.gov/milspouses/.

Military Spouse Entrepreneurship Information

Colorado Small Business Development Center

U.S. Small Business Administration

COVID-19 Small Business Guidance and Resources

Training and Education Assistance

Hiring our Heroes Military Spouse Fellowship Program

Onward to Opportunity

Interim Health Nurse Aid School

Toyota Professional Automotive Technician

Troops to Transportation

CACI Training Opportunities


AER Scholarship

Army Emergency Relief maintains two scholarship programs – the Spouse Education Assistance Program and the MG James Ursano Scholarship Program for dependent children. Both scholarships provide financial assistance for students who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree.




Apprenticeship Opportunities (Colorado Springs Area)

Apprenticeship Finder

City of Colorado Springs Internship 2019- Communications

City of Colorado Springs Internship Spring 2019- Public Works

Colorado Registered Apprenticeship Programs

Partnerships and Resources

Fort Carson Webpage: The Best Hometown in Army! This webpage has helpful information about Fort Carson and surrounding community.    

Military Spouse Career Coalition (MSCC): The mission of the coalition itself is to empower all military spouses in pursuit of meaningful careers and/or livable wages and diminish legislative barriers along the way.


Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) Job Search: MSEP helps you find a job through the Military Spouse Employment Partnership.  There are thousands of active jobs for Military Spouses. Start leveraging MSEP to Jumpstart your career.


Mt. Carmel Veterans Service Center: Mt. Carmel collaborates with community partners providing best practices in transition and wellness services for Veterans, Military and their Families by delivering expertise, resources, space and sustainability.


Pikes Peak Workforce Center: The Pikes Peak Workforce Center is the American Job Center serving El Paso and Teller counties. We connect vital businesses with work-ready job seekers and employer-driven services. 


Spouse Education & Career Opportunities (SECO):  SECO is a Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities (SECO) program that provides education and career guidance to military spouses worldwide and offers comprehensive resources and tools for all stages of your career progression.

SECO Resources for Survivor Spouses: Eligible military spouses can use the
following resources and network with organizations that will guide you as you work toward meeting your goals,
while maintaining your home and keeping your family strong and resilient.


Hiring Our Heroes Military Spouse Economic Empowerment Zones (MSEEZ): MSEEZ communities address local military spouse unemployment and underemployment issues through the efforts of local working groups. These groups work to establish a range of local employment-related tools and resources to help tackle military spouse employment issues head on.


United States Department of Labor for Military Spouses: This site has information on where to apply for an occupational license in a new state. You can search by occupation, job title, license name, or state agency.


USO Pathfinder Program: The USO Pathfinder Team connects transiting service members, their family members, veterans, and Military Spouses with the resources they need. Whether you have plans to transition soon or simply want to start planning, the USO can help you answer, what’s next?”