Outdoor Recreation Complex
- Instruction courses, clinics, climbing certifications, youth adventures, team building programs, and local outdoor adventures at affordable prices offered by Adventure Programs and Education
- Leisure Travel Services, campsite, park, ATV Trail Reservations
- Equipment rental services, ski/snowboard fittings and RV storage
- Shop tax-free at Mountain Post Outfitters for name-brand outdoor gear and equipment
- Indoor rock climbing wall (28' tall and 43' wide)
- Alpine Tower outdoor climbing structure
- Disc golf course
- Adventure Programs and Education
Hours of Operation
Monday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tuesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Wednesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Federal Holidays Closed Delayed Reporting Days 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Welcome to Fort Carson! We're here to help you enjoy all that the beautiful state of Colorado has to offer. Whether you're interested in skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice/mountain/rock climbing, snowmobiling, mountain biking hiking, rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding we've got just the right thing for you. Fort Carson Adventure Programs and Education is staffed with outdoor professionals and trip guides that provide personal instruction to individuals or groups looking for adventure in the Colorado wilderness. Curious? Head on over to the Adventure Programs and Education page to check out upcoming activities and other services.
- Equipment Checkout Center & Mountain Post Outfitters
Hours of Operation
Monday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Tuesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Wednesday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Thursday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Saturday Closed Sunday Closed Federal Holidays Closed
- Ski gear
- Rent party equipment like tables, a dunk tank, and a bounce house
- Rent a boat, trailer and fishing gear
- Avoid the hassle of storing your RV in your street or driveway.
- Rent roasters and grills for your org day
Fort Carson Equipment Checkout Center has got you covered. Browse our vast selection of rental items to fit your every outdoor or special event need. Our services include professional ski and snowboard fittings. We have 2 secure RV storage lots with electronic keypad entry for safe storage of your vehicles. Check out the Equipment Checkout Center's page for rental/storage fees and RV lot locations.
- Go camping on Fort Carson!
Camp Falcon is a primitive camping area ideal for an "off-the-grid" experience! (No running water/electrical power) Enter through Gate 6 (5 a.m.-6 p.m. only) or Gate 1 (24/7) to access the campsite.
Each camping site within Camp Falcon comes with one picnic table and a rocked fire pit. Camp Falcon is next to a wildlife refuge. Bears and numerous other wild animals have been reported in and around Camp Falcon. Under no circumstances should any wildlife be fed by campers. The site includes two pavilions with charcoal grills. Call +1(719) 526-2333 to get current fire bans for the area.
Reserve your campsite now by contacting our office.
Item Price Campground Registration Fee
(Flat rate regardless of nights reserved)
$5 Nightly Fee (per person) for small designated areas $3
- We've got ATV trails for you to ride.
Ride your motorcycles and ATVs on Fort Carson! The Off-Highway Vehicle Area (OHVA) consists of separate unidirectional trails that run over 100 acres. The parking area includes an off loading ramp and posted signs with area rules. The OHVA is located in the southern portion of Training Site Bravo just inside Gate 20 next to the RV storage lot. Certification for dirt bike operators is the same as existing street bike certification through the MSF. Certification for ATV riders must complete the ATV Riders Foundation Course conducted by ATV dealers or contact the Fort Carson Safety Office for classes on post.
Visit the our office to become a registered rider. All riders registered with Fort Carson MWR must acknowledge all applicable policies and complete an "assumption of risk" form.
The Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation Complex is a multi-use recreation facility with a multitude of amenities and services. Discover your adventurous side with Army Outdoor Recreation (ODR) programs. Learn new skills, enjoy guided tours, or get the gear you need to explore the great outdoors on your own.