- Designated 6 ft. spaces throughout the building
- Offering sanitizing wipes for customers
- Staff will be using appropriate PPE
- Rental equipment will be sanitized before customer pickup
- Rental equipment will be sanitized upon being returned.
- Instruction courses, clinics, climbing certifications, youth adventures, team building programs, and local outdoor adventures at affordable prices offered by Adventure Programs
- Equipment rental services, ski & snowboard fittings and RV storage
- Shop tax-free at Mountain Post Outfitters for name-brand outdoor gear and equipment
- Indoor rock climbing wall (28' tall and 43' wide)
- Disc golf course
- Fort Carson Trail Map
- Everyone is required to wear a face covering while at Outdoor Recreation
- Patrons must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
- Patrons are not to use the Outdoor Recreation facility if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19 of if they have come in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19
- Adventure Programs
Welcome to Fort Carson! We're here to help you enjoy all that the beautiful state of Colorado has to offer. Whether you're interested in skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice or rock climbing, snowmobiling, mountain biking hiking, rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding we've got just the right thing for you. Fort Carson Adventure Programs is staffed with outdoor professionals and trip guides that provide personal instruction to individuals or groups looking for adventure in the Colorado wilderness.
Thank you and we hope to see you soon for all of your adventure needs.
Program Description Price Outdoor Rock Climbing
11/21 @ Red Rock Open Space 0800 - 1300
$45 Ice Climbing 2/6 & 3/20 @ Helen Hunt Falls 0800 - 1300 $45 Open Climb Nights Come climb with us every Friday & put your climbing skills to the test while learning from ODR's experts. Starts @ 1830 FREE Women in the Wilderness
Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation is excited to present the “Women in the Wilderness” program. Virtual classes will be held for women in the Fort Carson community to learn and build upon outdoor skills. Join us on Instagram & Facebook Live every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.
FREE Women in the Wilderness Trips
12/12 Backcountry Ski & Snowboard
1/13 Climbing Wall Orientation
1/17 Fat Tire Bike n' Brew Cruise
2/27 Full Moon Snowshoe @ Mueller State Park
3/6 Ski & Snowboard Day
3/7 Ski Tuning Clinic
3/8 International Women's Day Open Climb Night
1/31 @ Mueller State Park 0800 - 1500
3/27 @ Breckenridge 0700 - 1630
$35 - $50 Fat Tire Bike Trips
11/28 @ Red Rock Open Space 0800 - 1200
12/5 @ Gold Camp Road 0800 - 1200
3/21 Bike n' Brew Cruise in Breckenridge 0700 - 1800
$20 - $50 Ice Castle Trips January & February TBD Ski Tuning Clinics
12/13, 1/10, 2/7 @ ODR 1000 - 1200
$20 Climbing Wall OrientationNovember 19December 3 & 17January 7 & 21February 4 & 18March 4 & 18April 1All Classes held at ODR 1830 - 2030 $25 Lead Climbing ClinicsDecember 10January 14February 11 & 25March 11All Classes held at ODR 1830 - 2030 $35 Get on the Bus Ski & Snowboard Trips Returning January 2021 $35 - $85 Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Trips Call for info & dates 719-526-5176 PT Options
Programs designed specifically as an alternative to PT for soldiers at Fort Carson, while allowing soldiers to experience the great outdoor recreation opportunities Colorado has to offer.
- Mountain Biking
$5 - $10 per soldier
Adventure Program Events:
Historical Geocaching at Fort Carson
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
Pieces to each Geocache Box:
- Each Geocache has a historical info sheet in it.
- There are small items in each box, please take one and leave one.
- There is also a sign in sheet, let us know you were there.
- You can also take pictures and send them to Mountain Post Recreation Facebook page and we will share them.
(1) 38.7377, -104.8070
(2) 38.7480, -104.7871
(3) 38.6098, -104.8850
(4) 38.7338, -104.7902
(5) 38.7316, -104.7975
(6) 38.7433, -104.7883
(7) 38.7477, -104.7922
(8) 38.7397, -104.7998
(9) 38-7433, -104.7612
(10) 38.7408, -104.7940
(11) 38.7628, -104.8052
(12) 38.7166, -104.8074
(13) 38.7190, -104.7973
(14) 38.7358, -104.7960
(15) 38.7443, -104.7700
(16) 38.6736, -104.7575
(17) 38.6816, -104.7663
Disc Golf Course:
ODR boasts a full 18-hole course. Tee box 1 is across the street from Outdoor Recreation, next to the Alpine Tower Fence. Course mostly heads towards Iron Horse park.
- Equipment Checkout Center & Mountain Post Outfitters
Looking to rent some gear to start on your next adventure or make your special event happen? The Equipment Checkout Center is located in the Outdoor Recreation Complex and is the place to start!
Your choice of equipment for the mountains, birthday parties, or org day are available to rent at extremely reasonable rates. If you need to store a recreational vehicle, we've got three secure RV storage lots, located right next to our building, by Gate 20, and on the corner of Minnick & Nelson BLVD.
- Winter Equipment Rates
- Snowboards, Skis, Helmets, etc.
- Camping, Hunting, Fishing Equipment
- Tents, coolers, fishing poles
- Camper & Boat Equipment (Gear not available at this time)
- Summer & Winter trailer/boat rates
- Sports Equipment
- Disc golf, mountain bikes, flag football, etc.
- Event & Party Equipment
- Tables, chairs, inflatables
- Utility Trailers, Grills, Roasters
- All prices subject to change at any time.
- Winter Equipment Rates
- Camping on Fort Carson
Outdoor Recreation is now taking reservations for Camp Falcon, a primitive campground off of Wilderness Road.
Daily Weekend Weekly Monthly Primitive RV* $25 $35 $100 $350 Primitive Tent $10 $15 $40 -
*Price includes black water dump & water tank fill station at Outdoor Recreation Center during regular operating hours.
- Primitive bathrooms available on site (one male, one female).
- Permits are required and will be issued at the Outdoor Recreation Center, 7093 Specker Ave., Bldg. 2429. Call (719)526-1993 for details.
Spend your Summer Camping Adventures in Mountain Post Living style! Share your Fort Carson camping adventures on social media. Tag @mountainpostrecreation and @mountainpostliving with #mountainpostliving and #carsonmwr
- Iron Horse Park
• Limit 5-10 children on playgrounds at any given time.
• Ensure your children continue to physically distance, staying at least 6 feet from members of other households .
• Keep children off playgrounds when sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Avoid recreating in public spaces if anyone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
• Children over the age of 10 years are encouraged to wear cloth masks while recreating.
• Bring hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes to clean hands when soap and water is not available.
Iron Horse Park is officially open daily at sunrise and closed daily at sunset/last light.
Day Pavilion $25 Softball Field $15 Volleyball Court $5
- 5 pavilions
- 3 playgrounds
- 2 ball fields
- 2 horseshoe pits
- 1 sand volleyball court
- Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ)
The Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ) is a reintegtration program to help Soldiers respond to stress and excitement following a major training or deployment.
Promoting positive adrenaline responses, improving morale and communication, and developing trust and teamwork through adventure-based activites.
This program is fully funded by the Department of the Army and MWR.
Max # of attendees
White Water Rafting Not Available Big Horn Sheep Canyon; 9 miles of rapids and calm stretches. Adventure Park Not Available Jump off a 75' free fall tower and test your skills on a 5-level adventure course. Ski & Snowboard January - April Hit the powdery slopes of Loveland or Monarch 40 Trap & Skeet Year round Shoot clay pigeons at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex's brand new course. 30 Woods Ball Paintball Year round Employ tactical maneuvers in this natural outdoor area 30 Inflatable kayak Not Available You are in charge of your own craft as you navigate down the Arkansas River Go Kart Year Round Race everyone in your platoon around this indoor track 30
- Available only for soldiers and their platoons.
- Conducted at platoon level
- Must be executed within the first 120 days of returning from a major training or deployment
- New eligibility to WAQ: if a unit has not been on a WAQ trip within two years
- Each platoon is allowed one WAQ program per reset cycle
- Must be conducted during a duty day
- Full-day adventure program followed with a Leader-Led After Action Debrief (L-LAAD)
- Completion of mandatory post activity survey
- RV Storage
Fort Carson RV Storage Facilities offer a safe and secure location for privately owned vehicles, recreational vehicles, travel trailers, or utility trailers of all kinds. Spaces are available to authorized patrons. All lots are accessable 24/7.
Lots are located:
Storage spaces are available to Active Duty Military, National Guard Members, Military Retirees, and DOD Civilians, with Active Duty Military having priority placement. All items stored in the ODR RV Storage lots must have comprehensive insurance on the item to include theft, fire, wind and hail storm damage. If storage space is not available at the time of your inquiry, you may request to be added to the waitlist.
Monthly storage rates are based on the size of the space and are subject to change:
Space Monthly Rate Up to 10' $30 11'-19' $35 20'-29' $40 30'-39' $45 40' or larger $50
- Community Wide Event Rentals
Community Wide Event Rental Inventory
$8/table 32 Table (Metal) $8/table 98 Chairs $1/chair 569 Stage Panel $10/panel 48 Mobile Stage $500/stage* 2 Bleachers $500/stage* 2 Orange Cones $2/cone 72 Speed Bumps
(Covers for cords)
$5/barrier 35 20x40 Canopy $200/canopy* 2 20x20 Canopy $150/canopy* 2 20x10 Canopy $100/canopy* 2 10x10 Canopy $40/canopy 13 Beer Trough $7.50/each 7 Black Tub $7.50/each 1 Plastic Stanchion $5/each 10 Metal Stanchion $5/each 20
To reserve, call
(719) 526-3972 or (719) 524-0859
DFMWR Supply Warehouse
Monday–Friday; 7 a.m.–4 p.m.
Payment for equipment must be made 3 days prior to rental period.
$50 delivery fee for equipment within 15 mile radius.
*Includes delivery and setup within 15 mile radius.
**$50/hr for setup
No refunds will be issued.
We will be taking the following precautions
The Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation Complex is a multi-use recreation facility with a multitude of amenities and services. Discover your adventurous side with Army Outdoor Recreation (ODR) programs. Learn new skills, enjoy guided tours, or get the gear you need to explore the great outdoors on your own.