Date: Apr 17 2018
April is Sexual Assault Awarenes and Prevention Month. The goal of SAAPM is to build and sustain a culture that will not tolerate sexual assault, continue to improve outreach and support victims while also expanding prevention efforts.
- April 13, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.: 2 IBCT Commissary Booth
- April 17, 9:30 a.m.-11 a.m.: 4 SB “1in6” Presentation at McMahon Theater
30 minute documentary followed by Q&A Session
Provides military communities the opportunity to learn more about the effects of sexual trauma on male survivors
Command, advocates and staff are encouraged to explore program and community efforts to help men live happier and healthier lives
- April 17, 2:30 p.m.-4 p.m.: 4 SB “1in6” Presentation at McMahon Theater
This up to 90-minute presentation for military advocates and other professionals who work with men provides an opportunity to consider the particular ways men may respond differently to sexual abuse or assault.
Whatever your level of knowledge about working with men who have experienced sexual abuse or assault, this presentation may
encourage you to rethink your current assumptions, examine your expectations, and employ a lens of masculinity to enhance your existing skills when working with men.
- April 21, 10 a.m.-1 p.m.: SHARP Run/Walk at Iron Horse Park
- April 25: Denim Day - Over 12 million people from all over the world wore jeans with a purpose, proclaiming that sexual violence is not welcome in our cities, not in our families, not on our bases, not in the locker rooms, not in the workplace, not in our relationships, not at our parties, not on our trains, not anywhere!
- April 26: Luncheon for all SARCs/Vas at Wolfe DFAC (Contact POC using email form below or call listed number for more info)
- April 30, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.: SFC Makumbu DIVARTY & Garrison PX Booth
- Tel: +1(719) 526-7585
- Military DSN Tel: (312) 691-7585