Date: Aug 10 2019
All information is subject to change.
Sponsored in part by:
- Fast Fit Foods
- Orange Theory Fitness
Compete in the Fort Carson Triathlon Sprint! Individuals/teams welcome. Open to all DOD ages 16+
- 600m swim
- 12.7-mile bike
- 5k run
Awards (best time in the following categories):
- Overall male/female 1st, 2nd and 3rd place
- Age groups male/female (16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50+)
Winners get a custom hydro-dipped tumbler!
- Featuring a durable, rust-proof and sweat-free design, this stainless steel tumbler is BPA-free
- Great for both hot and cold liquids
- Durable, made of high-grade, double-walled stainless steel
- Every participant will receive a shirt, medal, and drink (beer for 21+ and non-alcoholic beverage for 21 and under) upon completion
- Award for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place overall male, female and team finishers.
- Additional awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd male and female finishers based on age.
- Bike and helmet can be rented for an additional $5
Pershing Field Map
- 5 a.m.-6 a.m. chip pickup
- 5:30 a.m.-6:15 a.m. Transition opens (first come, first serve basis)
- 6 a.m.-6:30 a.m. Optional swim warmup
- 6:30 a.m.-6:50 a.m. Athlete Brief
- 7 a.m. The swim begins (athletes will enter the water based on the 600m time they provide while registering)
- No specialty equipment allowed for the swim (i.e. fins, paddles, pull buoys)
- Helmets must be worn on the bike at all times per Fort Carson regulation
- Participants must complete each event before moving to the next, failure to do so will result in disqualification.
Spectators are welcome! Triathletes are encouraged to bring friends and family to cheer them on and enjoy event offerings.
- Kid-friendly activities: Bounce house, fire truck and ambulance display
- Food trucks and beverage sales
- Music by the 4th Infantry Division Band
Terms and Conditions:
- All information contained on carson.armymwr.com is subject to change.
- Early Bird Registration ends midnight on August 08, 2019.
- In-person registration will be August 09, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. at Ellis Outdoor Pool.
- No refunds are issued.
- No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
- Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post-event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
- Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
- The sponsors of the DFMWR Sprint Triathlon and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives, and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance
- The advertised price does not include applicable Eventbrite/registration fees
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect