Date: Oct 28 2017, 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
Garcia Gym - 6360 Porter St. Bldg. 1856 Fort Carson, Colorado 80913 United States Google Map
Measure your strength during this five-part athletic event that consists of a stone ladder, carry medley, axle bar dead lift, military log press, and a mystery event revealed on competition day. Open to DOD (AD, Reserve, Guard, Civilian, Retirees, and Family Members)
8 Contestant Categories:
|Female||Ages 35 & under||Under 175 lbs.|
|Female||Ages 36+||Under 175 lbs.|
|Female||Ages 36+||175+ lbs.|
|Male||Ages 35 & under||Under 200 lbs.|
|Male||Ages 36+||Under 200 lbs.|
|Male||Ages 36+||200+ lbs.|
Can I wear a lifting belt and wrist straps?
- Yes, you may straps that support your wrists. You may not wear straps that go around the bar to assist your grip. You may wear compression shorts and/or shirts as well.
Can I practice the lifts before the event?
- Yes: Fort Carson Strong Soldier Training Camp is held every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Garcia gym.
Age and weight verification is at Garcia gym, starting at 9 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, 2017. Registration closes at 8 a.m. on Oct. 28, 2017.
- Select a team captain.
- The team captain is in charge of working with the event coordinator to determine your overall team score.
- There is no extra cost to identify yourself with a team.
- The team consists of as many individuals as you would like.
- Only one person per event will score team points.
- All team members must be from your Battalion level.
- At least one of your team members must be a female.
- Verify your team members prior to 9 a.m. on competition day (Oct. 28, 2017).
- Team captains are encouraged to meet with the event coordinator, (Mr. Falls) prior to the event to iron out any details.
This is a strenuous and challenging event. Competitors should only register for this event if they are medically cleared and have been properly training for this event.
- The Event Coordinator reserves the right to withdraw a contestant in the interest of safety and welfare of the individual and the participants of the event.
- Tel: +1(719) 526-3944
- Military DSN Tel: (312)691-3944