- Professional Development Training on specific topics like finances, citizenship and naturalization or domestic violence situational training for leaders.
- Payday activity training schedule that includes new parenting classes like Bootcamp for New Dads or Basic Training for New Moms or Moneymooners class on finances and relationships.
- Sergeants Time training on helping Soldiers manage their money.
- Family Readiness Group meeting for new families to the unit. Invite our Relocation Readiness Specialist to give an overview of the area and important Fort Carson insights and we’ll bring welcome packages and resources that families need in the first 6 months.
- Review the portable class schedule to find a class or presentation that meets your unit or groups needs.
- Send us a class request by completing the 'class request form' and email it to our ACS Mobilization and Deployment Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks when requesting ACS trainers to come out to your unit or group. The more lead time allows ACS trainers to make sure they have the right resources for your group and that your training needs are met.
- Please make sure you have reserved the training location prior to submitting the class request form. ACS has some classroom space available for groups, so if you desire to have your training in one of our classrooms, please indicate that on your class request form.
- If your group is small, consider bringing your group to one of our regularly scheduled classes that are already on the calendar.
- If you are not quite sure which training is appropriate for your unit or group, please contact your ACS Unit Service Coordinator for assistance. If you are unsure who that is, contact our Information and Referral Specialist at +1(719) 526-4590 who can put you in contact.
- In addition to the portable class schedule, ACS continues to maintain a monthly calendar of activities and events hosted on a regular recurring schedule. Individuals can and should utilize the monthly calendar and sign up online.
- Additional informational workshops are available from the Fort Carson Parent to Parent Program, a Military Child Education Coalition initiative. See their workshop list here; request workshops by emailing email@example.com
- Military Family Life Counselor's (MFLC) can also present a variety of topics to your group. View their class list and call your unit MFLC to schedule.
- Department of Defense Personal Financial Counselor (PFC) Services offers no-cost presentations on a variety of financial topics. See their presentation list here; request presentations by calling +1(719)246-0644 or emailing PFC.Carson.USA@zeiders.com.
Portable Class Schedule (click here to open or download)
Army Community Service delivers classes and programs designed to help Commanders maintain readiness. Soldiers that have created healthy financial habits, strong relationship skills, and have Family Members that are knowledgeable about where to go for resources and community information will be more equipped to face the stresses of deployment and general life in the Army. Army Community Service brings classes, briefs and programs to your unit’s footprint to meet the needs of Soldiers and their Family Members.
Here are some examples of ways you can schedule an ACS class or presentation:
How to request a class, presentation or briefing:
Helpful tips to make your training a success:
Other training ideas for your unit or group:
To request a class or presentation, please email the request form to firstname.lastname@example.org