McKibben Physical Fitness Center
- Gym Upgrades: July 24-Sept. 17, 2017
The Fort Carson DFMWR McKibben Fitness Center is upgrading its flooring beginning July 24, 2017 through Sept. 17, 2017.
The work will take approximately eight weeks to complete. During this time the facility will remain open with main weight room and visitor restrooms available for the duration of the project.
- Features and Amenities
Strength training room with plate-loaded machines and free weights
Multi-purpose fitness room with Olympic platforms
35 pin selector machines
Cardiovascular fitness room
Indoor cycling fitness room
Co-ed dry sauna
TRX training equipment
Outdoor running track
Fitness equipment orientation (appointment only)
Free body fat analysis/body composition (appointment only)
- Fitness Centers Guest Policy
- Authorized sponsors may bring non-DOD guests to Fort Carson gyms.
- An authorized sponsor has DOD-issued identification and falls into one of the following categories: Active Duty military, Retirees, Reservists, DOD civilians, DOD contractors, military dependents and other users as defined in AR 215-1, table 7-1.
- All sponsors and guests must present valid and verifiable identification at the front desk.
- Sponsors must be 18 years of age or older.
- Sponsors may bring up to two (2) guests per visit.
- Sponsors are held liable at all times for their guest's conduct at any Fort Carson gym.
- Sponsor(s) and their guest(s) must enter and depart the facility together.
- DOD civilian sponsors have no limit on the amount of times that they may bring immediate family members as guests.
- An immediate family member is defined as a sponsor's child (no more than 22 years old) or a spouse.
- Guests with no military affiliation or whose dependent status does not reflect any of the previously mentioned requirements may use Fort Carson gyms a maximum of 4 times in a month.
- Sponsors and guests must complete the Guest Application Form (PDF) and complete the sign-in and sign-out portions of the document for every visit.
- Failure to sign out prior to exiting the facility results in the sponsor’s loss of guest privileges.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||6 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Sunday||6 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Training Holiday||6 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Federal Holiday||6 a.m. - 8 p.m.|