Multicultural Services - Relocation Readiness Program
- Everyday English
Open to all foreign-born Spouses and Soldiers. The primary goal of the ten week course is to assist enrollees with developing their cross-cultural conversation and communication skills. The focus is on those areas which are needed to adapt to today's military lifestyle.
Participants meet on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:15 am to 11:30 am and are assigned 20 hours of homework on a weekly basis.
- Pre-registration required inperson. Includes an enrollment packet, an assessment test, and an overview with the participant and their sponsor.
- Upcoming course: Tuesday, January 8, 2019 to Thursday, 14 March 2019
- German Meet-Up Group
Open to all Spouses and Soldiers. Children are welcome. Meet new friends and create connections based on shared experiences through your military life and background.
Group meets at the Community Connection, Building 1524.
- Every other Wednesday, 10 a.m. to Noon
- For details, call +1(719)526-1070.
- Immigration and Naturalization Services
In partnership with the Denver U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) field office, this service is provided free and covers various Immigration and Naturalization policies, procedures and forms. By working hand in hand with USCIS, staff is able to effectively resolve issues and concerns.
Active Duty Soldiers should go through their S-1 before seeking assistance from ACS with naturalization. Due to the high demand, class attendance is requested before an appointment is scheduled.
- Immigration 101: Tuesdays, 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Green Card (Permanent Resident): 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 8 a.m to Noon
- Naturalization (Becoming a citizen): 2nd and 4th Thursdays, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Naturalization ceremonies are conducted by USCIS on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 2 p.m. in the Community Connection. Ceremonies are open to everyone.
- Request Immigration Assistance: Include your name, contact number, and any other information you may be needing. Allow 2 business days for followup contact.
- Interpretation Services via Military OneSource
Active Duty Soldiers and their Families are eligible to use the Military OneSource Interpretation Services. More than 150 languages are available.
- Call +1(800)342-9647.
- Latino Meet-Up Group
¿Interesado en conocer nuevos amigos que hablen español? Venga a Community Connection, Edificio 1524 el primer y tercer martes del mes. Los niños son bienvenidos.
Libros disponibles en Community Connection
- Multi-Cultural Meet-Up Group - Start a new Meet-Up Group
Interested in starting up a Multicultural Meet Up group or another new Cultural Meet Up group? If so, contact us. We can assist.
- Request a Meet Up Group: Include your name, contact number, and any information. Allow 2 business days for followup contact.
- Multicultural Assessment Appointment
Not sure where to start, call us and we will help.
- Request an assessment: Include your name, contact number, and information on what you are needing. Allow 2 business days for followup contact.
- Office on the Go Services
Community Connection offers:
- Computers with printers - Eleven are available, CAC accessible if needed.
- Digital Scanning
- Referrals for English as a Second Language (ESL)
ESL is not available on Fort Carson. Local community organizations provide the service. Program requirements and fees vary. Financial assistance may be available as part of the MY Career Advancement Account (MYCAA); available for spouses of Active Duty Soldiers in grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2.
- Fort Carson Resources
- If you are unsure where to start, request a Multicultural Assessment Appointment. See the above subheader for details.
- Additional In-Person Resources
- Additional Online Resources
- Mango Language Program: Available via Military OneSource for free to Active Duty Soldiers and their Families. This digital language online learning program is for learners of all levels and includes 21 English language courses. Program is designed to simulate the way people learn a foreign language when actually immersed in everyday conversation. Note, if you need computer access, stop by the Community Connection or call +1(719)526-1070; Spouses and Soldiers can pre-reserve a computer in our computer lab.
- Education Consultant: Available via Military OneSource. Active Duty Soldiers and Spouses can setup a one-on-one consulation to determine what fits best for them or their family member. Call +1(800)-342-9647.
- Fort Carson Resources
- S-1 Naturalization Training
The Relocation Readiness Program partners with the Denver U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) field office to assist Active Duty Soldiers, Family Members, and Retirees with the Immigration and Naturalization processes. Active Duty Soldiers are referred to their BN or BDE S-1's for information and the beginning steps of the process. To provide assistance to S-1 personnel, one-on-one training appointments are available.
- Request S-1 Training: Include your name, contact number, and unit or organization. Allow 2 business days for followup contact.
- Translation Services via Military OneSource
Depending on the type of document, Active Duty Soldiers and their Families are eligible to use the service. Military OneSource offers free document translation services in more than 150 languages.
- What Relocation Offers Overall
- Centralized Relocation Readiness Program services.
- Relocation Readiness Program flyer
- Details listed above on this page.
- Homebuyer's Workshop
- Loan Closet
- Newcomer's Information and Resources
- Newcomer's Orientation
- Office on the Go Services
- Relocation Counseling for Newcomers
- Welcome Packets
Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
The Army Community Service (ACS) Relocation Readiness Program offers multicultural services to assist foreign-born Spouses and Soldiers. Let us assist with language development, cross-cultural training, and cultural mediation.
Whether you live on Fort Carson or in one of our local communities, our goal is to help you make the most out of the time you call Colorado home.