Soldier and Family Assistance Center
- Soldier and Family Assistance Center Overview
The Army Community Service (ACS) Soldier & Family Assistance Center (SFAC) staff and partner agencies offer customized, one-on-one support for Wounded, Ill and Injured Soldiers and their Families to promote resilience, wellness and peace of mind while transitioning from the Army or recuperating to return to duty: all under one roof at Building 7492.
This briefing is for WTB and IDES Soldiers that are transitioning out of the military. The brief covers all of the military benefits and services transitioning soldiers can utilize.
9:45-11:30 a.m. • Tues. & Thurs.
Medical Separation Orientation Brief:
This brief is an orientation to the SFAC Program. There is a building tour and introduction to all service providers. Open to all WTB, Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) Soldiers and their family members.
12:45-2 p.m. • Tuesday
- SFAC Mission
The ACS Soldier Family Assistance Center staff and partner agencies offer customized, one-on-one support for Wounded, Ill and Injured Soldiers and their Families to promote resilience, wellness and peace of mind while transitioning from the Army or recuperating to return to duty - all under one roof at Building 7492.
- SFAC Services
Below is a listing of current offices along with their phone numbers that are in the SFAC. Please contact our SFAC main line for any information you don't see listed below. Please note that the SFAC can schedule appointments for Education Counselors directly, please call our main line.
- SFAC Main Line: +1 (719)526-5807
Colorado Department of Labor and Employment
- Phone: +1 (719)526-0359
Education and Employment Initiative (E2I)
- Phone: +1 (719)524-7313
- Phone: +1 (719)524-1116
Human Resources (HR)
- Phone: +1 (719)526-0464
Operation War Fighter (OWF)
- Phone: +1 (719)524-0540
Soldier for Life/Transition Assistance Program (SFL/TAP)
- Phone: +1 (719)524-7310
Veterans Health Administration
- Phone: +1 (719)526-2345
Wounded Worrior Project
- Phone: +1 (719)526-0316
- Helpful Links
- RetirementBriefing: https://www.carson.army.mil/dhr/DHR/MPD/PPB/Briefings/Transition.html
- Transition and Medical Retirement Brief
- Virtual Transition and Medical Retirement Brief
- Medical Separation Orientation Brief
- Wounded Warrior Project: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
- Fort Carson Soldier for Life Transition Assistance Program: https://www.facebook.com/FortCarsonSFLTAP
- Combat-Related Special Compensation
- GI Bill
- ID Card Facilities
- My Army Benefits
- Applications & Forms to Help with Your Transition