- Sports and fitness programs
- Health programs
- Life skills classes
- Leadership opportunities
- Arts, leisure and recreation activities
- Mentoring, intervention and education support services
- After school programs (grades 6-12)
- Youth Center Hours of Operation
School Year Open Rec Hours of Operation
Monday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Thursday 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. Friday 3 p.m. - 10 p.m. Saturday 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. Sunday Closed Federal Holidays Closed
- Inclement Weather-Related Post Closure Information
During a weather-related post closure, if you are required to work, CYS will operate and open the following facilities to ensure full-day and Before & After school care is provided for your children:
If Post is closed AND School District 8 is CLOSED:
- Child care will be provided at the East CDC, Bldg. 6058 for all CDC and Kindergarten children. The East CDC is located just inside Gate 1 on Coleman Avenue. The phone number is +1(719)526-5977. We request that parents bring any emergency medications the child may need as well as diapers and a change of clothes.
- For School Age children/youth, Patriot School Age Center will open for youth that normally attend Patriot SAC, Mesa SAC, or the Before School Program at the Youth Center. Patriot SAC, Bldg. 6204 is located on Harr Avenue just inside Gate 1.
- All non-critical CYS programs will close (SKIES, Hourly Care, Part-Day Pre-School, Youth Center Open Recreation and Outreach).
If Post is closed BUT School District 8 is OPEN:
- Child care will be provided at the East CDC, Bldg. 6058 for all CDC children except Kindergarten children.
- School Age Youth who attend Patriot or Mesa SAC will attend these programs as normal.
- Kindergarteners that attend Cheyenne Mtn CDC will receive care at Patriot School Age Center. Kindergarteners that attend Aspen CDC will receive care at the Mesa School Age Center. Children will be walked or bused to school and back again as normal.
- The Youth Center wil be open after school and remain open until 1800.
- Pre-school students that attend Weikel Elementary School will be walked to and from Weikel Elementary School from the East CDC by CYS staff.
- These facilities will operate at their normal times during weather related installation closures unless directed otherwise by the installation commander.
For weather related early releases or delayed reporting, CYS Services essential child care programs will operate as normal.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact your facility manager.
- School-Out Day Information
School-Out Days: 5:45 a.m.-1 p.m. - Charged hourly rate if not currently enrolled in Before-school program.
Open Rec: 1 p.m.
For up-to-date information on facility closure due to weather go to the following facebook sites:
- Parent Volunteers
CYS Services Volunteer
Parent volunteers are a very important resource for CYS Services. Registered children/youth benefit immensely from the knowledge and skill that volunteers provide to our programs. We're looking for enthusiastic people who want to help out, sharing their talents assisting and leading various activities such as reading to children, participating in field trips, making games, repairing toys, sewing with kids, etc.
Start by becoming a registered volunteer through Army Community Service's (ACS) Go-Volunteer to find out where your talents can be best used within CYS Services. By keeping track of your volunteer hours, you can qualify for Parent Participation Points.
The Fort Carson Youth Center offers a wide variety of recreational, educational, and social programs for middle and high school age teens. Army youth program standards as well as affiliation with the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and National 4-H ensures a variety of wholesome, fun, and interesting program choices for pre-teens and teens to participate in. Fort Carson Youth Center programs provide a broad framework for developing lifelong skills designed to enhance a child's future.
Ready Resilient (R2) Program
The Youth Center has worked hard to integrate R2 Skills into the programming, activities, events and field trips that are planned.
R2 builds Optimism, Self-Regulation, Self-Awareness, Strengths of Character, Mental Agility & Connection.
SCHOOL YEAR PROGRAM GUIDE
|Jammin' Out||Mon, Wed, Fri||4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Music Room|
|SMART Girls||Thursday||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Conference Room|
|Torch Club||Tuesday||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Life Skills Room|
|Kids In the Kitchen||Friday||4:30 - 5:15 p.m.||Life Skills Room|
|Keystone Club *High School Only*||Tuesday||4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Homework Lab|
|Power Hour!||Mon - Fri||3:30 - 4:30 p.m.||Homework Lab|
|Money Matters||Wednesday||4:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Homework Lab|
|Functional Fitness||Mon - Fri||4:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Weight Room/Gym|
|Hour of Code||Wed, Fri||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Tech Lab|
|Passport to Manhood||Thursday||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Gym|
|My.Future||Mon - Fri||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Tech Lab|
|Character Builder||Mon - Fri||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Game Room|
|Career Launch||Friday||4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Homework Lab|
|Sewing Made Fun||Mon, Wed||4:00 - 5:30 p.m.||Life Skills Room|
|Youth of the Year||Monday||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Conference Room|
|Shooting Sports||Tuesday||4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Small Gym|
Youth Led Clubs
|Book Club||Thursday||4:30 - 5:30 p.m.||Conference Room|
|Pool Sharks||Tues, Thurs||4:00 - 4:30 p.m.||Open Rec|
Child & Youth Services Facilities & Programs