Date: Oct 27, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Hear from community experts about finding a healthy path past the abuse.
Welcoming survivors, local community, law enforcement, soldiers and their families. Get equiped with practical insight and tools to prevent domestic violence.
Military and local community experts will provide critical information for leaders intervening after domestic violence incidents has occurred in their units. Attendees will receive helpful books and resources to promote healthy relationships and reduce domestic violence in their units as well as their homes.
The First 100 registered will receive free lunch!
This is a free event and open to all. With early registration will you recieve a backpack filled with Domestic Violence resources as well as a free brown bag lunch.
Speakers will include:
- Det. Shetna Marshall, Fountain Police Department
- Diana Griffith, Supervisor Colorado Works
- Laine Gordan, El Paso County Child Protection Services
- Colorado Legal Services
- Doris Rivera-Black, survivor and advocate
- Janet Kerr, MA LPC, DV Consultant
- in addtion to an afternoon panel discussion with Q&A