Date: Aug 17, 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The Fort Carson Mayoral Elections are an opportunity for Fort Carson Village residendents to choose their representation for the next year in the monthly Mayoral Meetings and in their community.
Who Can Vote?
All Fort Carson residents may cast their vote for one of the candidates running for their respective village. Any resident with a DOD ID card, who is authorized to live in the designated quarters, and is over 18 may vote. Candidates may vote for themselves.
When & Where?
Elections will be held on August 17 & 18 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m at various locations throughout post:
- Commissary, bldg. 1800
- Main Post Exchange, bldg. 6110
- Fort Carson Family Homes Main Office, bldg. 6800
- ACS Center, bldg. 1526
- Evans Army Community Hospital, bldg. 7500
- Iron Horse Gym, bldg. 1925
- & the Mobile Voting Van - designated in a particular village at a specific day and time frame. (Schedule will be provided to the candidates, and pushed out via Social Media).
There are 16 villages throughout post, and each elects a Mayor to represent their community and interests-they are the voice of the community. Once a year, residents are provided the opportunity to elect the Mayor of their choice. The elected Mayoral position is a 12-month term. The Deputy Mayor and Staffer positions are appointed shortly after the Mayoral election, and will serve with the elected Mayor throughout their tenure. The elected Mayor and appointed staff work together as a team in order to bring village issues and concerns to the community partners.
What is the Mayor Program?
The Fort Carson Mayoral Program is the Garrison Commander's program, overseen and operated by the Army Volunteer Corps Program Manager located at Army Community Service (ACS).
The Garrison Command Team and Community Partners meet once a month with the Village Mayors to discuss installation activity, events, programs, issues and concerns. The goal is to ensure resident quality of life. These partners include:
- Evans Army Community Hospital
- Commissary, PX, Fort Carson Family Homes
- Directorate of Public Works
- Unit Sponsorship Program
- Directorate of Emergency Service
- American Red Cross
- & more
Want to be the Next Mayor?
If you are interested in becoming the mayor of your Fort Carson Village, fill out this form and submit it to the email address below or hand deliver it to the Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) at the ACS Center, Building 1526. Please review the Campaign Guidelines to learn the details of running your campaign.
Being a Mayor includes the following Benefits:
- Assisted Cleaning of Your Quarters upon PCS/ETS (after at least 6 months of service)
- Complimentary Childcare for Mayoral Meetings and Events when available
- Learn Design, Layout, and Social Media Skills
- Get to Know Your Neighbors and Meet New People
- Mayor Parking Spot at ACS, Main PX, and Commissary
- Learn Post Protocol, Policy, and Procedures
- List the Experience on Your Resume
Elgibility is based on:
- Village Mayor Positions are Open to Everyone Living Within the Fort Carson Family Housing Community
- In Order to be Mayor of a Particular Village You Must Reside within that Village
- Term Limits apply: 2 Years as Village Mayor
- Deputy Mayor and Staffer Positions are by Appointment
Mayors have Responsibilities to:
- Serve as a Community Liaison
- Facilitates Open Lines of Communication between Residents and Fort Carson Community Partners
- Provides Timely Information on Village, Post, and Local Community Activities and Events via Social Media
- Upkeep and Maintenance of Village Government Facebook Page
- Create, Organize, and Prepare Monthly Village Newsletter
- Attend Monthly Mayoral Meetings, Village Activities, and Community Events
- Assists Housing (BBC) in Promoting Village Yard of the Month Program and Prepare Monthly Nominations
- You Must Apply by August 8, 2017 to Run for Village Mayor