Date: Feb 9 2019, 12 a.m. - Feb 10 2019, 11:59 p.m.
All information is subject to change.
This is the 35th Military Master event hosted at Thunder Alley lanes. All Veterans, active duty and retirees will have the chance to participate in this event. It is a two day event with qualifying completed on Saturday 9 February 2019 and the finals will be completed on the 10th of February 2019.
- $125 entry/person (walk-in entries close at 8:30 a.m. on Feb. 9, 2019)
- Must possess a United States Bowling Congress (USBC card available for purchase at tournament.
- Parental Supervision is not required, discretion is not advised unless the bowler is under 21 years of age
35th ANNUAL MILITARY MASTERS TOURNAMENT
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. SCHEDULE ARRANGEMENTS: Only one finalist will be assigned to a lane. The opening matches will be paried in accordance with the final standing from the qualifying round, which will be displayed prominently in the bowling center.
2. If a bowler is unable to appear for the first round of round robin play, the alternate will be given the opportunity to replace him/her in the schedule. Such alternates will be the next high bowler, or bowlers from the qualifying round. Roll call for the finals will be held at 0830, Sunday, 10 February 2019.
3. After the first round, NO SUBSTITUTES WILL BE PERMITTED. Nonappearance, regardless of cause, will constitute forfeiture of the match and the player present will bowl his/her match without opposition to advance to the succeeding round.
4. All contestants shall be allowed 10 minutes of practice on the pair to be used in the match. The order of bowling will be according to match play procedure with the bowler on the odd lane starting first. A bowler will complete his frame prior to the next bowler starting.
5. Each match in the finals will consist of one (1) game total pinfall to determine the winner. Bowlers will start the first game on the lanes assigned. The winner of the match will receive 30 bonus pins, if a match ends in a tie both partisipants will receive 15 bonus pins each.
6. Should there be a tie for 1st Place at the end of the Round Robin, there will be a 10th frame Roll-off until the tie is broken.
35th ANNUAL MILITARY MASTERS TOURNAMENT
GENERAL RULES, REGULATIONS, AND INFORMATION
1. This is an individual match play event open to all eligible military USBC members, veterans with a DD-214, and DOD card holders.
2. Entry costs will be $125.00. The prize list will be based on a 1 and 3 ratio based on number of entries.
3. A qualifying round will be held on Saturday, 9 February 2019 at Fort Carson Thunder Alley Bowling Center at 0900 hrs. On Sunday, 10 February 2019 at 0900 hrs we will start round robin competition.
4. The qualifying competition will consist of 8 games across 16 lanes.
5. Tardy bowlers may start whenever they appear, receiving zero (0) pins for all frames missed.
6. Lane assignments for the qualification round will be made by “draw” basis. Total pinfall during the qualifying round will determine who will advance to round robin competition.
7. Contestants will be allowed ten (10) minutes practice on the starting lanes. Practicing on other lanes used in that squad will be permitted. One lane courtesy will be observed at all times. Each contestant will be allowed one (1) re-rack per game. A Tournament Director must approve additional re-racks.
8. If the final position in the qualifying round needed to complete the field should result in a tie, one complete game shall be bowled prior to the final competition at the Ft. Carson Bowling Center. The bowlers will draw for starting lanes and the bowler on the odd lane will start the rolloff. Should a tie exist after this game, one extra frame will be rolled on the same lane on which the contestant finished the game. The bowler on the odd lane will shoot first, but instead of completing the frame, the contestants will alternate shots until the tie is broken. Failure of any contestant to remain available in case of a tie will constitute a forfeiture.
9. Each bowling ball used in the qualifying must be listed on the qualifying scorecard. All balls listed by the entrants will have their bowling balls available to be weighed and certified at the discretion of the tournament director. Entrants wishing to have their bowling balls weighed and certified prior to bowling may do so. Any illegal ball will be cause for DISQUALIFICATION and FORFEITURE of entry.
10. Round robin competition will commence at 0900, Sunday, 10 February 2019 at the Ft. Carson Bowling Center. All participants must provide their social security number, for tax purposes, to the tournament director. All competition will be held at the Ft. Carson Bowling Center.
11. Bowlers are to wear appropriate attire. No tank tops, cutoffs or headgear will be allowed; Moc shirts or shirts with a collar.
Register in-person at Thunder Alley Bowling Center or mail in by Jan. 31, 2019