Army Ten-Miler Qualifier
The Army Ten Miler Trial will give Fort Carson Soldiers an opportunity to compete for one of the positions on each of the men’s and women’s teams; these teams represent Fort Carson, Garrison, and DFMWR, for a chance to bring home top honors, and the Commanders Cup.
- This is a timed, 10k race.
- Top performers will have the opportunity to train and compete for a final spot on the Fort Carson Army Ten Miler Team.
- COVID mitigations will be implemented.
- The event details of the Army Ten Miler are to be determined.
- The competitive wave (Active Duty Soldiers only) will begin at 0600. The non-competitive wave (all other DoD ID card holders) will begin at 0630.
- Active duty can also participate in non-competitive wave if they do not wish to compete for a spot on the Army Ten Miler Team.
- $15/person (ages 4+)
- Participants in the competitive wave can only be Active Duty Soldiers.
- Participants will receive a limited edition Army Ten Miler T-shirt, bib, and challenge coin.
- Open to DOD ID card holders only. Must have access to Fort Carson. This includes: active duty, dependents, retirees, DOD employees, national guard, reserves, etc.
- Information is subject to change.
Procedures for the Race (COVID19 protocols)
- There will be 250 runners released every 30 minutes, in a rolling start.
- Signups will be in 2 blocks, be prepared to start at anytime during the wave. For example, if you signed up for the 6:00 a.m. wave, be prepared to start at any time between 6:00 and 6:30 a.m.
- No switching time blocks/waves.
- Upon arrival, there will be a waiting area in place to ensure safety and social distancing before the designated start time in the participants' 30 minute window.
- There will be social distancing procedures in place before and after the race.
- Please comply with all race officials to ensure the safety of everyone.
- If you feel sick, or have any COVID19 symptoms, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID19, please stay home.
- Participants must be on the race course during their allotted times. Late entries will not be accepted.
There will be no refunds given
- No refunds will be given
- Please read all terms and conditions before registering
- Packet pick up will take place on Tuesday, June 1, Wednesday, June 2, and Thursday, June 3 from 3 - 6 pm at the NEW Intramural Sports Office
- Location: Intramural Sports Office, Bldg. 2031
- Map to new office is below
By registering for this event, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions:
All information contained on carson.armymwr.com are subject to change.
No refunds issued due to late arrival or if access to Fort Carson is denied
This event is only open to DOD ID card holders only. This includes active duty, dependents, retirees, DOD civilians.
No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
The sponsors of the DFMWR Taco Trot 5K and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance.
Event goes on regardless of weather, unless Fort Carson is closed due to inclement weather.
Those attending the event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather
In the event of lighting, a warning is issued and guest are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued
No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
FULL LIST OF PROHIBITED ITEMS AND BAG POLICY APPLIES
100% random personal property inspection in effect.
No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
No bikes/scooters/hover boards/skateboards/rollerblades allowed
Please observe posted speed limits.
By entering and participating in this Fort Carson DFMWR event/program/activity, you consent to the following: I desire to participate in this Fort Carson DFMWR event/program/activity.
This is an event/program/activity hosted by the Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation. I expressly agree that I, myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and assigns, hereby release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify, the United States Government, the United States Army, Fort Carson, Directorate of Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation, Sponsors, Donors, and their officers, agents, and employees acting in their official capacities, from liability and from any and all
claims for any illnesses, injuries, loss, death, or damage, whether latent or patent, which may occur
as a result of my participation in any of the activities that are offered as part of the program/event/activity, or occurrences incident thereto.
I agree to comply with all safety instructions and requirements. I expressly assume all inherent, known or foreseeable risks and dangers involved in participating in the described activity. By purchasing, I specifically release and discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify, the agencies, personnel, and sponsors listed above from liability and any and all claims for all illnesses, injuries, death, loss, or damage, whether latent or patent, that result from or are contributed to, by my use of Government property, Fort Carson facilities, and my participation in any activity associated with the event/program/activity.
I also grant permission to all the foregoing to use photography, videography, motion pictures, or any recording of this event for any legitimate purpose.