Date: May 11 2019, 7 a.m. - 10 a.m.
· Waller Physical Fitness Center will host an Army Ten-Miler qualifier.
· Participants will compete to qualify for the national event in Washington, D.C.
· Compete for Top honors and the Commander's Cup
· Runners will take their mark on October 7, 2019 in Washington, D.C.
So, join us to test your endurance and stamina!
· Final team selections need command approval to participate.
· Possible team training during normal PT times.
· Contestants will compete for eight available spots.
· There are both men and women's teams available.
· Participants will have a chance to learn how to train their bodies to use fat as fuel.
· Team training is conducted during the months of July, August, and September.
· The event happens regardless of weather unless it is severe (i.e. hailstorm, extremely high winds, lightning)
· In the event of inclement weather, a makeup date will be determined at the time of the trial
Terms and Conditions:
- All information contained on carson.armymwr.com is subject to change.
- All sales are final and non-refundable.
- Early bird online registration: $10 per person ages 4+, free for ages 3 and under with paid registration
- Early bird registration opens on March 11, 2019 at 00:00:00/midnight.
- Early bird registration closes on May 08, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
- T-shirt included with each early bird paid registration, and available while supplies last.
- Same-day registration: $15 cash only per person ages 4+, free for ages 3 and under. Shirts not guaranteed on same-day registration.
- No t-shirt for child (ages 0-4) registration.
- Limited quantity adult size only shirts. No kids shirts available.
- Waiver required for participation.
- All ages and abilities welcome.
- Runners to the left, walkers and strollers to the right.
- No porta-potties along route
- No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
- Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
- Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
- The sponsors of the DFMWR Fort Carson Ten Miler and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance
- Advertised price does not include applicable eventbrite/registration fee
- 100% random personal property inspection in effect
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed
The Fort Carson Ten Miler will also serve as a Qualifier for the Army Ten Miler
- Qualifying time for men is estimated around 60 minutes
- Qualifying time for women is estimated around 80 minutes
- Only those registered to qualify for the Army Ten Miler will be timed
Pets/Companion Animals vs. Service Animals
- No pets or companion animals allowed
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite
- Companion animals are NOT protected under the ADA
- Under Colorado State law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal
Notice to the General Public:
- Gate access procedures apply, please plan accordingly.
- No refunds issued due to late arrival or if access to Fort Carson is denied.
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a crime.