- Program Details
The Financial Readiness Program is your resource for information on money matters. We can help you better understand financial topics like:
- Military pay
- Checkbook/debit card management
- Financial responsibility
- Credit reporting
- Debt elimination strategies
We can also help you learn about other financial services, including:
Army Emergency Relief (AER): A private, nonprofit organization established to help Service Members and their Families in emergency financial situations due to no fault of their own.
- Financial Resources for Military
Helpful financial readiness links include:
- Thrift Savings Plan: A Federal Government-sponsored long-term retirement savings and investment plan, available for both Federal civilian employees and members of the uniformed services.
- U.S. Savings Bonds: A shorter-term savings option with competitive interest rates and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States.
- Military Saves: A component of the nonprofit America Saves and a partner in the Department of Defense’s Financial Readiness Campaign, Military Saves seeks to motivate, support, and encourage military Families to save money, reduce debt, and build wealth.
- Money Matters: A mobile-optimized resource with calculators for savings, debt reduction and other reference material in one location.
- Military OneSource: A Department of Defense-funded program that provides comprehensive information on every aspect of military life at no cost to active duty, National Guard, reserve members, and their Families.
- Office of Servicemember Affairs: A component of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau helps to educate and empower military members, veterans, and their Families in the consumer financial marketplace.
- Saveandinvest.org: A project of the FINRA Investor Education Foundation, a free, unbiased resource dedicated to your financial health. Helps you make informed decisions through easy-to-use tools and resources, and arms you with the information you need to protect yourself from investment fraud.
- Better Business Bureau Military Line: Provides specialized education and support services, which meet the needs of active and retired military personnel and their Families.
- Educational Resources
First Termer Training (Requires Army One Source registration)
Installation Banking Locations
- Command Financial NCO Program
The CFNCO is a valuable resource to the unit commander in maintaining the financial readiness of his/her unit. The CFNCO program provides commanders a mechanism through which education, training, counseling, and referral procedures can be established in their units. The CFNCO Program is designed to promote financial education and awareness to ensure Soldiers and families are making wise financial choices. Through financial training Soldiers and families can become responsible money managers.
Next Class Dates:
March 25th - 29th, 0900-1630
Army Community Service
Please Contact ACS Financial Readiness / AER for more information. 719-526-0438
Future Class Dates:
July 22nd - 26th, 2019
October 28th - November 1st, 2019
- First Termers Training
Join Financial Readiness to learn more about the tools you need to manage your assets wisely.
Bring all your financial questions with you to the class. Instructors will help you understand the basics of cash flow management, and if needed debt management. You may not be aware of how debt can impact your Army career progression. Learn how to start out on the right foot and keep your spending smart.
This class will substitute for your 4-hour Financial Readiness requrement for all new Soldiers. Open to Family Members and DoD ID holders.
To find the next class click here.
- Smart Money Talks
Come Join us every 2nd Thursday of the month at 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Located within the main ACS Center, Building 1526. for our monthly Smart Money Talks class. Each month we will pick a best-selling finanical book to discuss. Participants will receive a copy of their book for free and answer any questions related to the topic each month.
No registration required. Walk-ins welcome
2019 Class Schedule
January 10 - How to Retire with enough Money
Febuary 14 - The Index Card
March 14 - Mindful Money
April 11 - The Only Investment Guide you'll Ever Need
May 19 - Secrets of the Milionaire Mind
June 13 - The Opposite of Spoiled
July 11 - Investing 101
August 8 - Pogue's Basic Money
September 12 - Student Loans 101
October 10 - The 4 Hour Work Week
November 14 - What your Financial Investor isn't Telling you
December 12 - The Millionaire Next Door
- Banking Management
1st Tuesday of every month at 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the main Army community Service bldg. 1526.
Maintaining a budget or spending plan is vital to our financial stability. However before we can successfully start our budgets we must know how to manage our bank accounts and review our statements for not only accurate reporting of our spending but also to validate our records for any errors; after all even banks make mistakes.
- Iron Horse Budget
There is nothing more important than staying on track with a Financial Plan to manage your expenses. Class is available upon request.
We will explain all the basics and fundamentals from reading your Leave and Earning Statement (LES) to understanding what tax exemptions are and what the best exemption filling status is right for you. We will expand on the budgeting process and give you a diverse array of how to compute a budget because after all there is no wrong way to accurately record where your money is going; you just have to do it.
Click on following link to download and print the FRP Budget Counseling packet and bring it the class Budget couseling packet (1).pdf
- Army Emergency Relief
- Sign Up for Classes and Make Appointments
Hours of Operation
|Monday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Tuesday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Wednesday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Thursday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.|
Financial Readiness Classes and Workshops
Emergency Assistance & Additional Program Information