- Unit Funds & Deployment Funds
What are Unit Funds?
Unit Fund accounts are established at a rate determined by the installation. Unit Funds are allocated annually, based on unit strength of $4 per Soldier per fiscal year. They are budget accounts only and are available from 1 October through 30th September. Unit funds dollars cannot be carried forward to the next fiscal year. They are “recreational” in nature and must be used equitably by the unit.
What are Deployment Funds?
Active-duty units and mobilized Guard and Reserve units deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan) or Operation Iraqi Freedom (Iraq), are authorized unit funds through the Army Level Requirement (ALR) Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation unit fund program. Units will receive $2 per Soldier per month beginning the month of deployment. Funds are only available until one year from redeployment. Contact the Fort Carson Financial Management Office by calling +1(719) 526-5580 to receive a deployment funds information package.
- Establishing & Requesting Funds
How to Establish Funds
Please provide the following:
- Assumption of Command Orders
- Unit Alpha Roster AAA 162
- DA Form 1687 (Signature Card)
- Information Package Signed by the Unit’s Commander
How to Request Funds
Please provide an MFR to the Financial Management Office with the following information:
- Name of Unit
- How much money is being requested (cash request $500 MAX)
- Additional vendor information, i.e. contact information, name and telephone number.
The MFR request will either be approved or denied by the Financial Management Office based on the balance in your unit funds account.
Please allow one week prior notice to request unit funds.
- Purchase Procedures & Policies
Purchase Procedures and Policies (Accounting Restriction)
- Usage of Cash. $500.00 max at one single location at one time per unit. Original receipts for all transactions must be turned in within two working days from the date the money was drawn.
- Usage of credit card: Limit is $5000.00 (no split purchases)
Expendable or Fixed Items are items that have over a two year life span or cost over $2,500.00. These items will be held in NAF’s hand receipt and the item will be required to be placed in a central location and available for everyone within the unit. These items may be inspected by NAF at any given time.
- Contracts: Purchase or events requiring a payment over $5,000.00 will need to be processed as a contract by the FMD Office. All contracts must be completed before the end of the fiscal year.
- Service request (such as a DJ) requires an approved contract between DFMWR and the service provider: IAW AR 215-4 Chapter 7.
- Check usage Fees will be added to the cost of the transaction.
Unit Funds May Not Be Used For:
- Non-recreational items, maintenance of non-recreational items, or service of non-recreational items.
- Services which are not for the benefit of all in the unit.
- Items that can be purchased with Appropriated Fund dollars.
- Printed greeting cards of personal or organizational nature; printing of placemats and napkins for functions is authorized provided they do not contain a personal message.
- The purpose of honoring outgoing/incoming commanders, senior NCOs etc.
- Any other event for select individuals or a group, i.e. lunch for NCOs only.
- Change of Command/Retirement Ceremonies
- Award Ceremonies in conjunction with the mission exercises.
- Mission-related expenditures.
- Resale/Gifts for guest speakers
Unit Funds May Be Used For:
- Events that are open to all members of the Unit.
- For morale, welfare, and recreation of Soldiers and families.
- Trophies or awards for competitive events
- Items purchased should be for the benefit of all soldiers within the unit
- Recreational articles, services and activities.
- Organization Days
- Offset ticket cost for activity or events.
Financial Management Hours of Operation
|Monday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. - 11 a.m.|
Call the DFMWR RMB office for the last date to withdraw unit funds. All receipts are required to be returned to Financial Management within two working days after funds are received.