- Supervision of minors: Fort Carson MWR follows Fort Carson Installation Policy for Supervision of Children.
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to a designated safety area and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s).
Event parking is located off of Sheridan Ave. and Wetzel Ave.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The areas around event venues often get congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
This is a rain or shine event & will go on regardless of weather.
- Those attending any Fort Carson MWR event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued.
- General Terms & Conditions
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are issued for any purchases or merchandise.
No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
The sponsors of the DFMWR Carson Color Fest and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance.
100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- Pets / Animals
No pets or companion animals allowed for any events unless specified otherwise.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act. Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney general’s office.
- Physical Security / Other
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in designated areas.
- No coolers allowed except for breast milk totes/storage that are 10" and under/smaller.
- No personal canopies, tents or campers allowed.
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed.
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or other alternative modes of human-powered transport allowed.
December 2, 2022
5 p.m.- 8 p.m. at William Reed Special Events Center
All information is subject to change.
Featuring entertainment, local vendors, and an appearance from Santa Claus himself. Guests can also meet the Grinch, as well as real live reindeer!
Food & beverages available for purchase.
The Candy Cane Hunt has been postponed due to weather.
• Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
• Event begins at 5 p.m.
• Tree Lighting held at 5:30 p.m.
Outdoor Recreation will be selling:
• hot cocoa
• s’mores kits
• glow in the dark items
• cold weather gear
Food for Purchase:
• Author Anthony DeGroot
• Badonka Creations
• Blue Crow Designs
• Bubblez N Latherz
• Cuppa Coffey Creations, LLC
• The Custom- Tees n Stuff
• Flicker in Time Limited
• Fort Caron BOSS Program
• Grant Library
• Handmade by Roxanne Engraved Gifts
• Karen's Readers' Retreat
• Lala Bee Witchy Things
• Lavikoff Signature Bakes
• Light Harvest Designs
• Mary Kay
• The MELI Project LLC
• Monzie and Me LLC
• Mountain Post Spouses Club
• My Momotaro LLC
• Mystix Scentsations
• Our Little Star Creations
• Pampered Chef
• Patty's Cakes and Treats
• Pikes Peak Christian Church-MOPS
• The Pretty Boutique 719
• Revolution Dance Academy
• Rocky's Designs
• Rocky Mountain Remedies CO
• Sarahdipitous Photography
• Schott Creations
• Squish & Squatch
• Twin Stitchez Boutique
• Zoom Lucy Paw Bakery Creations
• Zyia Activewear
Vendor applications are CLOSED.
A BIG THANKS to our wonderful sponsors for this event!
This event is open to DOD ID card holders only. This includes active duty, dependents, retirees, DOD civilians.
Gate access procedures apply, please plan accordingly.