- Designated 6 ft. spaces throughout the building
- Offering sanitizing wipes for customers
- Staff will be using appropriate PPE
- Rental equipment will be sanitized before customer pickup
- Rental equipment will be sanitized upon being returned.
- Instruction courses, clinics, climbing certifications, youth adventures, team building programs, and local outdoor adventures at affordable prices offered by Adventure Programs.
- Women in the Wilderness is a program for Women by Women. The program builds a community where Women gain strength, confidence and knowledge to be in the wilderness. Look at the programs we are offering here.
- Equipment rental services, ski & snowboard fittings and RV storage
- Shop tax-free at Mountain Post Outfitters for name-brand outdoor gear and equipment
- Indoor rock climbing wall (28' tall and 43' wide)
- Disc golf course
- Fort Carson Trail Map
- According to the CDC, anyone who is not vaccinated, has only 1 dose or it has been less than 14 days since the second dose is required to wear a face covering while at Outdoor Recreation
- Patrons must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building
- Patrons are not to use the Outdoor Recreation facility if they are showing symptoms of COVID-19 of if they have come in contact with someone testing positive for COVID-19
- Adventure Programs
Welcome to Fort Carson! We're here to help you enjoy all that the beautiful state of Colorado has to offer. Whether you're interested in skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, ice or rock climbing, snowmobiling, mountain biking hiking, rafting, kayaking, paddle boarding we've got just the right thing for you. Fort Carson Adventure Programs is staffed with outdoor professionals and trip guides that provide personal instruction to individuals or groups looking for adventure in the Colorado wilderness.
Thank you and we hope to see you soon for all of your adventure needs.
Program Description Price Outdoor Rock Climbing
6/19 Evening in the Garden
6/26 Turkey Rocks Crack Climbing
7/17 Evening in the Garden
7/18-7/19 Via Ferrata in Telluride
7/25 Red Rock Open Space
8/21 Evening in the Garden
9/4 11 Mile Canyon
9/11-9/12 Via Ferrata in Ouray
9/26 Turkey Rocks Crack Climbing
10/9 Shelf Road
10/16 11 Mile Canyon
11/6 Shelf Road
$45 - $225 Whitewater Rafting
6/12, 7/3, 7/17, 7/31, 8/7, 8/14
Must know how to swim well. Ages 8 and older.
$85 Ice Climbing
Coming Back when we are frozen!
Open Climb Nights Come climb with us every Friday & put your climbing skills to the test while learning from ODR's experts. Starts @ 1800; must be at ODR no later than 1830. FREE
Noon Time Fishing
Fishing at Townsend Res. from 1130 - 1300 on 6/30, 7/14, 7/28, 8/11, 8/25, 9/8, 9/22
includes fishing pole & bait
Upper Cataract Lake Backpacking
Transportation, backpacking & camping equipment provided.
0800 - 1300 at Red Rock Open Space
6/19, 8/28, 9/4
1800 - 2000 PM Mountain Bike at Red Rock Open Space
6/30, 7/21, 8/10, 9/21
$25 Hatchet Throwing
7/23, 7/7, 7/28, 8/11 @ Iron Horse Park
$10 Indoor Climbing Clinics
Lead Climbing: 6/10, 7/8, 8/5, 9/9 @ Ivy Gym
Crack Climbing: 6/24, 7/22, 8/26, 9/23
$35 Disc Golf
6/9, 7/7, 7/14, 8/4, 8/18, 4/27
$5 Stand up Paddle Board
Includes transportation & all gear. Must know how to swim. 0800-1530
$65 SUP with your Pup
Includes all gear to include PFD for your pup. Meet at Pueblo State Park. 1000-1400
$45 SUP Yoga
Includes all gear & Yoga instruction. Must know how to swim. Meet at Pueblo State Park. 1000-1400
$45 SUP on a Lazy River
Includes transportation & all gear. Must know how to swim. 0800-1530
$65 Climbing Wall Orientation6/17 @ Ivy Gym7/1, 7/15, 7/29, 8/12, 8/19, 9/2, 9/16, 9/30All Classes held at ODR 1800 - 2000 $25 Water Adventure Day7/24We will bring all of our water equipment. Includes transportation0800-1600 $65 PT Options
Programs designed specifically as an alternative to PT for soldiers at Fort Carson, while allowing soldiers to experience the great outdoor recreation opportunities Colorado has to offer.
- Mountain Biking
$10 - $15 per soldier
Adventure Program Events:
Historical Geocaching at Fort Carson
Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location.
Pieces to each Geocache Box:
- Each Geocache has a historical info sheet in it.
- There are small items in each box, please take one and leave one.
- There is also a sign in sheet, let us know you were there.
- You can also take pictures and send them to Mountain Post Recreation Facebook page and we will share them.
(1) 38.7377, -104.8070
(2) 38.7480, -104.7871
(3) 38.6098, -104.8850
(4) 38.7338, -104.7902
(5) 38.7316, -104.7975
(6) 38.7433, -104.7883
(7) 38.7477, -104.7922
(8) 38.7397, -104.7998
(9) 38-7433, -104.7612
(10) 38.7408, -104.7940
(11) 38.7628, -104.8052
(12) 38.7166, -104.8074
(13) 38.7190, -104.7973
(14) 38.7358, -104.7960
(15) 38.7443, -104.7700
(16) 38.6736, -104.7575
(17) 38.6816, -104.7663
Disc Golf Course:
ODR boasts a full 18-hole course. Tee box 1 is across the street from Outdoor Recreation, next to the Alpine Tower Fence. Course mostly heads towards Iron Horse park.
- Equipment Checkout Center & Mountain Post Outfitters
Looking to rent some gear to start on your next adventure or make your special event happen? The Equipment Checkout Center is located in the Outdoor Recreation Complex and is the place to start!
Your choice of equipment for the mountains, birthday parties, or org day are available to rent at extremely reasonable rates. If you need to store a recreational vehicle, we've got three secure RV storage lots, located right next to our building, by Gate 20, and on the corner of Minnick & Nelson BLVD.
- Winter Equipment Rates
- Snowboards, Skis, Helmets, etc.
- Camping & Fishing Equipment
- Tents, coolers, fishing poles
- Camper & Boat Equipment
- Summer & Winter trailer/boat rates
- Sports Equipment
- Disc golf, mountain bikes, flag football, etc.
- Event & Party Equipment
- Tables, chairs, inflatables
- Utility Trailers & Dunk Tanks, Grills, Roasters
- All prices subject to change at any time.
- Winter Equipment Rates
- Camping on Fort Carson
Outdoor Recreation is now taking reservations for Camp Falcon, a primitive campground off of Wilderness Road.
Daily Weekend Weekly Monthly Primitive RV* $25 $35 $100 $350 Primitive Tent $10 $15 $40 $250
*Price includes black water dump & water tank fill station at Outdoor Recreation Center during regular operating hours.
- Primitive bathrooms available on site (one male, one female).
- Permits are required and will be issued at the Outdoor Recreation Center, 7093 Specker Ave., Bldg. 2429. Call (719)526-1993 for details.
- Check for fire restrictions on: https://coloradosprings.gov/fire-department/page/outdoor-burning-guidelines
Spend your Summer Camping Adventures in Mountain Post Living style! Share your Fort Carson camping adventures on social media. Tag @mountainpostrecreation and @mountainpostliving with #mountainpostliving and #carsonmwr
- Iron Horse Park
• Limit 5-10 children on playgrounds at any given time.
• Ensure your children continue to physically distance, staying at least 6 feet from members of other households .
• Keep children off playgrounds when sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Avoid recreating in public spaces if anyone in your household is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
• Children over the age of 10 years are encouraged to wear cloth masks while recreating.
• Bring hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes to clean hands when soap and water is not available.
Iron Horse Park is officially open daily at sunrise and closed daily at sunset/last light.
Day Pavilion $25 Softball Field $15 Volleyball Court $5 Basketball Court $5
- Softball Fields can be lined for tournament play for an additional $20 a day with at least 1 week notice.
- The use of glass and alcoholic beverages except beer with special permitting is prohibited.
- 5 pavilions
- 3 playgrounds
- 2 ball fields
- 2 horseshoe pits
- 1 sand volleyball court
- Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ)
The Warrior Adventure Quest (WAQ) is a reintegration program to help Soldiers respond to stress and excitement following a major training or deployment.
Promoting positive adrenaline responses, improving morale and communication, and developing trust and teamwork through adventure-based activities.
This program is fully funded by the Department of the Army and MWR.
Max # of attendees
Trap & Skeet Year round Shoot clay pigeons at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex's brand new course. 30 Woods Ball Paintball Year round Employ tactical maneuvers in this natural outdoor area 30 Ice Climbing January - March Climb up a frozen waterfall. 10 Go Kart Year Round Race everyone in your platoon around this indoor track 30 Whitewater Rafting May - August
Raft Bighorn Sheep Canyon
**Must be able to swim well**
30 Zip Line Year Round Zip through the mountains of Manitou Springs. 30 Inflatable Kayaking August-September Control your own boat down the river. 10 Rock Climbing Year Round Ascend rock formations around Colorado Springs 30
- Available only for soldiers and their platoons.
- Conducted at platoon level
- Must be executed within the first 120 days of returning from a major training or deployment
- Each platoon is allowed one WAQ program per reset cycle
- Must be conducted during a duty day
- Full-day adventure program followed with a Leader-Led After Action Debrief (L-LAAD)
- Completion of mandatory post activity survey
MOST BRIGADES AT FORT CARSON ARE ELIGIBLE!
CONTACT ERIN JOHNSON AT ERIN.A.JOHNSON36.NAF@MAIL.MIL TO SET UP YOUR ADVENTURE TODAY!
- Travel Trailer Rental
To make a travel trailer reservation visit us at Outdoor Recreation or call (719) 526-1993!
Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance!
• Customers can make a reservation on a first come, first serve basis 30 days in advance.
• Rental fee and deposit will be paid at the time reservation is made.
• Rental season runs from May 15 – October 1.
• Rentals can be made by the day, weekend (Friday-Tuesday), or a full week (7 days).
• ODR team will send an email with a link for the safety class and requirements prior to pick up of the rental equipment.
• Customers cancelling reservations will have a cancellation fee of 10% of the deposit
• Cancellations made 72 hours or later to pick up rental will have a cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit.
We suggest to reserve travel trailers in advance as AVAILABILITY CAN BE EXTREMELY LIMITED!!
- RV Storage
Fort Carson RV Storage Facilities offer a safe and secure location for privately owned vehicles, recreational vehicles, travel trailers, or utility trailers of all kinds. Spaces are available to authorized patrons. All lots are accessible 24/7.
Lots are located:
Storage spaces are available to Active Duty Military, National Guard Members, Military Retirees, and DOD Civilians, with Active Duty Military having priority placement. All items stored in the ODR RV Storage lots must have comprehensive insurance on the item to include theft, fire, wind and hail storm damage. If storage space is not available at the time of your inquiry, you may request to be added to the waitlist.
Monthly storage rates are based on the size of the space and are subject to change:
Space Monthly Rate Up to 9' $30 10'-19' $35 20'-29' $40 30'-39' $45 40' or larger $50
- Community Wide Event Rentals through the Supply Warehouse
Community Wide Event Rental Inventory
$8/table 32 Table (Metal) $8/table 98 Chairs $1/chair 569 Stage Panel $10/panel 48 Mobile Stage $500/stage* 2 Bleachers $500/stage* 2 Orange Cones $2/cone 72 Speed Bumps
(Covers for cords)
$5/barrier 35 20x40 Canopy $200/canopy* 2 20x20 Canopy $150/canopy* 2 20x10 Canopy $100/canopy* 2 10x10 Canopy $40/canopy 13 Beer Trough $7.50/each 7 Black Tub $7.50/each 1 Plastic Stanchion $5/each 10 Metal Stanchion $5/each 20
To reserve, call
(719) 526-3972 or (719) 524-0859
DFMWR Supply Warehouse
Monday–Friday; 7 a.m.–4 p.m.
Payment for equipment must be made 3 days prior to rental period.
$50 delivery fee for equipment within 15 mile radius.
*Includes delivery and setup within 15 mile radius.
**$50/hr for setup
No refunds will be issued.
We will be taking the following precautions
Army Outdoor Recreations worldwide turn 50 this year. To celebrate we are holding a Photo Sweepstakes.
To enter the sweepstakes come on in to Outdoor Recreation to sign up.
Must have an Instagram account.
Follow us at Mountain Post Recreation on Facebook & Instagram for all of the latest and any program changes.
The Fort Carson Outdoor Recreation Complex is a multi-use recreation facility with a multitude of amenities and services. Discover your adventurous side with Army Outdoor Recreation (ODR) programs. Learn new skills, enjoy guided tours, or get the gear you need to explore the great outdoors on your own.