Date: Dec 6 2018, 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
All information is subject to change.
Open to DOD ID card holders and their guests.
Kick off the holiday season at Fort Carson’s annual Tree Lighting Ceremony - a free event for the community to enjoy.
- Free cookies at the door while supplies last
- Hot cocoa, coffee, hot cider, and popcorn for sale
- Glühwein: $5/cup (Must be ages 21+ to purchase, 100% ID check. NO ID, NO SALE)
- Turkey legs, hamburgers and hot dogs for sale
Snow Globe Photos onsite! $5/print - cash only.
- 5 p.m.: Doors open (not a moment sooner)
- 5:30 p.m.:Tree Lighting Ceremony begins
- Activities commence after completion of Tree Lighting Ceremony
"Snow Much Gear" Sale
- Winter gear and apparel for sale brought to you by Outdoor Recreation
- Caricature artists
- Airbrush tattoos
- Face painting
- Bounce houses
- Ornament making
- Emcee: Scrooge
- DJ Princess
- 4ID Band Carolers
- 4ID Band Brass Quintet
- Polar Bear mascot
Free Santa Photos: Rules and Limitations
We want to ensure that everyone in line gets their photos taken in a timely manner! Here are the rules and limitations for free Santa Photos:
- Line for photos is cut off at 8 p.m. Plan accordingly.
- Professional shots: Limit 3 takes per family/group, no individual retakes
- Optional: Hand your phone to the designated staff member to get smartphone shots, limit 3 smartphone shots per family/group, no individual retakes.
After your session, you'll see a sign with details on how to get your professional photos saying:
- STEP 1: Subscribe via email by texting ‘CARSONMWR’ to 22828, and replying with your email address or follow us on social media and check back on our website for an announcement about the survey to complete for your photos.
- STEP 2: We’ll post the link to the survey on our website, on all our social media accounts and via e-mail list no earlier than 12/15/2018 (subject to change).
- STEP 3: Once the survey link is announced and distributed, everyone has 30 days to complete the survey to gain access to the photo gallery.
- STEP 4: Find and download your photos.
- STEP 5: Print/share with family and friends to enjoy!