- #MountainPostLiving Vision Statement
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) is a community approach to living a life of balance. It's a journey. We help you get there.
Mountain Post Living (#MountainPostLiving) helps soldiers enhance Mind, Body and Community.
Soldiers, families and civilians are able to make strong mental and emotional decisions that result in positive life experiences.
Soldiers, families and civilians are physically fit and have improved wellbeing.
Enhance the sense of community through increasing programs and resources that support living a healthy life with purpose.
- 2019 Events
September 22-21: Pikes Peak Regional Air Show***
October 5: Flavors of Fall
November 1: Army vs Air Force Pep Rally
December 5: Tree Lighting Ceremony
***These events are shared for the awareness of the community. Fort Carson does not endorse the hosting organizations.
Help us spread the word about these awesome events!
Visit each event below for information about downloading printable items and images to share on social/digital channels.
- 2020 Events
Please check back in December 2019 for updates.
- #MountainPostLiving Videos
You can view more video content by visiting our YouTube channel. Click here to see more #MountainPostLiving videos.
- Recipe of the Week
Black Eyed Pea Tuna Salad
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cans (14 or 15 oz.) low-sodium black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans (5oz) of tuna, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cored and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 20-24oz Leafy field green mix
- In a large bowl combine all vegetables (except the avocado), cheese, and minced garlic. Mix gently. Once well mixed, fold in the avocado, cilantro and tuna.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the oil and vinegar along with the spices and sugar (if using) and whisk well. Drizzle the dressing over the black eyed pea mixture and toss gently to saturate the dressing throughout.
- Place ¼ leafy green mixture on a plate and top with one cup of the black eyed pea salad. If desired, sprinkle apple cider vinegar on the greens. Repeat for the three remaining servings.
- Mix any remaining black eyed peas in a salad or salsa. Cover and refrigerate and consider serving as a snack with a few tortilla chips.
- Although the salad can be served immediately, it’s best to cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight as this enhances the flavor.
- If holding overnight, do not add the avocado or tuna. Instead, cut and dice the avocado and add with the drained tuna just before serving.
- Omit the tuna according to your own taste preferences.
Click here to see the previously featured Recipe(s) of the Week!
- Click on a row to see available files for each event.
- Right click on each link and choose 'Save As' for PC, 'Save Link As' for Mac
- Save to your chosen destination.
- About Commercial Printing
You may choose any commercial printer that fits your needs. You may choose to compare prices between local commercial printers such as Documart, FastSigns, FedEx Print and Ship Center, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot. You may also choose to compare the services of online commercial printers such as Vistaprint or Signs.com. Doing research on Google is recommended.
Commercial printers require vector files to produce items such as banners and posters. All vector files below are set up as full bleed, which means that the color and art goes all the way to edge.
If you are displaying a banner outdoors, it is recommended that you place your banner order with a request for grommets and wind slits. String/rope/cord does not hold up to the varying Colorado weather conditions. It is recommended to install banners with baling wire or metal quicklinks/screwlocks, which can be purchased from retailers such as Lowes or Home Depot.
- Mountain Post Living Logo
- Mountain Post Welcome Meet & Greet
- Flavors of Fall (October 5, 2019)
- Army vs. AF Pep Rally (Nov. 1, 2019)
- Tree Lighting Ceremony (Dec. 5, 2019)
Check back for uploads.
- Campaign Plan (PDF)
- 27"x40" Poster (PDF - CMYK, full bleed)
- 8.5"x11" Letter Size Flyer (PDF)
- Square Social Media Image (JPEG)
- Facebook Cover Image (JPEG)
- Twitter Cover Image (JPEG)