- RUN FAQ'S
Is the run hard?
No, that’s no fun! This is a fun run with lots of color, and lots of fun, not racing! This run is the best way to be crazy with friends, and family. You won’t be timed, so there is no pressure to hurry and get it done. There will be multiple stations along the course for an extra fun bonus.
Can I Walk?
Yes! You will be one of many who will be walking. We don't time the race and it is non-competitive, so you won't feel any pressure.
What time does the run begin?
Pre-run activities will start at 9 a.m. The run will begin at 10 a.m. We recommend getting there at 9 a.m. so you have plenty of time to park and warm up!
Are kids allowed?
Yes! Children under 3 years old are free. We do recommend that your kids are properly protected with sunglasses or goggles, and for toddlers and infants, something to cover their mouth.
Can I run with my dog?
No. Dogs, cats, llamas and other pets are not allowed at The Fort Carson Color Fest.
How do I volunteer?
We'd love to have you come and help as a volunteer. Volunteers typically throw color on the participants, and/or help with registration, and clean up. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
What is the color made of?
The color powder we use is custom manufactured and produced right here in the United States. It is made from food grade quality cornstarch. It is non-toxic, is 100% safe, and also biodegradable. As with any substance, you will want to keep it out of your eyes and lungs. If you are overly sensitive, you may want to wear glasses or goggles for your eyes and use a bandana or dust mask for your mouth.
What should I wear?
Will the color stain my clothes, shoes, or makeup? You can wear whatever you want but we suggest white clothing because it shows up the color the best! The color does mostly wash out after the event, but some of it can stain. We suggest wearing items that you wouldn't mind getting the color on.
Will the color get in my car?
Bring a towel or some plastic bags along, and you’ll be just fine. However, if you do get some in your vehicle, it can be dusted away or vacuumed easily.
- RUN ROUTE
- Candlewood Suites
- Docs Dental
- Low Cost Mortgage
- Monster Energy
- Oakwood Homes
- Omni Financial
- TDS Telecom
- Supervision of minors: Fort Carson MWR follows Fort Carson Installation Policy for Supervision of Children.
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to a designated safety area and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s).
Event parking is located off of Sheridan Ave. and Wetzel Ave.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The areas around event venues often get congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
This is a rain or shine event & will go on regardless of weather.
- Those attending any Fort Carson MWR event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued.
- General Terms & Conditions
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are issued for any purchases or merchandise.
No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
The sponsors of the DFMWR Carson Color Fest and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its’ representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance.
100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- Pets / Animals
No pets or companion animals allowed for any events unless specified otherwise.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act. Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney general’s office.
- Physical Security/Other
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in designated areas.
- No coolers allowed except for breast milk totes/storage that are 10" and under/smaller.
- No personal canopies, tents or campers allowed.
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed.
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or other alternative modes of human-powered transport allowed.
August 27, 2022
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Iron Horse Park
All information is subject to change.
• Caricature artists
• Face painter
Bounce Houses & Water Features
• $5 for unlimited access wristbands
• On sale NOW at Outdoor Recreation, or purchase at the event
FREE Color Run
Run begins at 10 a.m.
Run participants receive a CUSTOM T-SHIRT & STICKER while supplies last! Quantities are limited. Swag available on a first come, first served basis during pick up on August 26, from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. at the William Reed Special Event Center.
Pre-registration available via Eventbrite through August 26.
Same-day registration is also available at the event.
Beer & Beverages for Purchase:
• Beer — $5
• Bloody Mary — $9
• Margarita — $6
Courtesy of the Elkhorn Catering and Conference Center.
Food for Purchase:
• Army Community Service
• Girl Scouts
• Lavikoff Signature Bakes
• Light Harvest Designs
• Momotaro Shop LLC
• Rocky Mountain Remedies CO
• Three Eyed Thrift
• Twin Stitchez Boutique
• Wool and the Wild
• Zoom Lucy Paw Bakery Creations
Interested in becoming a vendor? Download the Color Fest Vendor Packet.
A BIG THANKS to our wonderful sponsors for this event!
This event is only open to DOD ID card holders only. This includes active duty, dependents, retirees, DOD civilians.
Gate access procedures apply, please plan accordingly.