- Supervision of minors: Fort Carson MWR follows Fort Carson Installation Policy for Supervision of Children.
- Lost children are accompanied by event staff to a designated safety area and an announcement is made via the speakerphone to make contact with the parent(s)/guardian(s).
Event parking is located off of Sheridan Ave. and Wetzel Ave.
- Parking is free, space is available on a first come, first served basis.
- All personnel must park in designated parking areas.
- No parking in residential/base housing/neighborhoods on Fort Carson.
- Parking in prohibited areas will result in a citation and the vehicle being towed.
- Please follow the signs for designated parking areas.
- Please observe posted speed limits.
- The areas around event venues often get congested, please slow down and watch out for pedestrians.
This is a rain or shine event & will go on regardless of weather.
- Those attending any Fort Carson MWR event assume the risk of injury as a result of inclement weather.
- In the event of lightning, a warning is issued and guests are asked to clear the area and/or return to their cars until an "all clear" announcement is issued.
- General Terms & Conditions
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are issued for any purchases or merchandise.
No federal endorsement is implied for any paid advertising.
Fort Carson MWR reserves the right to film, record or photograph event activities for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in the incidental inclusion of guests within any recording or photographs.
Guests assume all risks associated with participation in this event including but not limited to traffic and/or weather variations.
The sponsors of DFMWR events and associated activities, the Fort Carson Community, its representatives and successors are not liable for claims or liabilities of any kind arising from participation in this event even though liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the guest in attendance.
100% random personal property inspection in effect.
- Pets / Animals
No pets or companion animals allowed for any events unless specified otherwise.
- Only ADA service animals are allowed onsite.
- Companion Animals are not protected under the ADA.
- Under Colorado state law HB16-1426 (effective January 2017), it is a crime to knowingly misrepresent an animal as a service animal.
- Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA. This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act. Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the State attorney general’s office.
- Physical Security / Other
- Despite the Colorado amendment to legalize marijuana, possession of marijuana on a federal installation is a violation of federal law.
- No firearms and/or weapons allowed.
- Privately owned drones/UAV's are not allowed.
- No personal fireworks or sparklers allowed on Fort Carson. These items are prohibited per FC Regulation 210-2-8.
- No glass containers allowed.
- Alcohol in private containers is not allowed. Alcohol may be purchased from vendors located in designated areas.
- No coolers allowed except for breast milk totes/storage that are 10" and under/smaller.
- No personal canopies, tents or campers allowed.
- Absolutely no personal grills or burners allowed.
- No bikes, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or other alternative modes of human-powered transport allowed.
May 5, 2023
4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. at Iron Horse Park
All information is subject to change.
This festival features an in-person 5K fun run with of course...tacos! Enjoy local vendors, entertainment, and food and beverages for purchase as you cheer on your friends. Live music provided by the 4th ID Band!
— Event opens at 4:30 p.m.
— Race begins at 5:30 p.m.
Taco Trot 5K Registration options HERE!
• FREE registration available; includes the run only, no swag.
• $15 registration includes a T-shirt & sticker. Sign up before May 3 for swag package.
Cross the finish line and bite into a taco from our food truck!
Taco Trot 5K Swag
2023 Taco Trot 5K Sticker
2023 Taco Trot 5K T-shirt
Food for Purchase:
• Bandidos — (menu tbd)
Vendor registration is OPEN until April 28. Download a Taco Trot Vendor Packet to register!
— $50 per small booth
— $100 per large booth
A BIG THANKS to our wonderful sponsors for this event!
• 5 Star Nutrition
• Community Banks Mortgage
This event is open to DOD ID card holders only. This includes active duty, dependents, retirees, DOD civilians.
Gate access procedures apply, please plan accordingly.